Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #1
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
Dag Gum Sub Woofer

The Sony Entertainment System has no way to control the "over the top" sub woofer. The metal on the fireplace vibrates and it is difficult to hear the center channel conversations on it. I plan to remove the fireplace and get at the sub woofer. Someone said the sub has no dial to turn it down. True? I'm thinking of stuffing a pillow in front of it.

astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Are you sure there is not a place in the setup menu to adjust the gain on individual speakers, including the sub? I had one (not a Sony) with the same too loud sub. I was able to go into the setup and adjust the sub to minimum and adjust the other speakers higher than norm. Then I use the standard volume control to adjust the volume to give a better balanced sound.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
I have the same problem. There is no way to turn down the volume on this receiver for the individual channels which is silly. My solution is I never use surround sound. I thought about buying a separate volume control knob from Radio Shack if they still sell such a thing. It's a very low priority for me so I've stuck with my original solution.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:47 AM   #4
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
I went through the entire owner's manual for the Sony system. You can only turn it on or off. So I went with my original plan - I stuffed a sock in the hole and covered the front and floor with an old towel. I am happy to report that it cut it in half. BTW, the factory workers screwed the bottom rear ledge of the sub to the floor so it will not slide around in the cavity.
astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
That is a real surprise. I replaced my OEM no-name system with a relatively inexpensive Panasonic Bluray DVD surround sound system. I can adjust the gain of each individual speaker including the subwoofer.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote