Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Escapees Forum new site is down

Escapees started shifting to their new website yesterday, it was up and running last night. It is down at the moment not sure for how long... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Escapees started shifting to their new website yesterday, it was up and running last night. It is down at the moment not sure for how long... Dave
It's up now.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Even trying to go in through the home page I still can't get into the forum. I keep getting a "address not found" error message. I guess it is just the Forum that got a new web host... Dave
Old 09-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
Try this http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/ubb
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
It won't let me log in using my user name and password. We will wait and see.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
When I checked the site a few days ago they said that when you check into the new site for the first time you use your screen name and then hit "forgot password" they will send a new temp password and you can enter then and change back to your old one. They have to send it to your current email address. Larry, that link sends you to the link to the new site which is www.rvnetwork.com which is still not working..Dave
Old 09-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I've been on the Escapees several times today. No problem. Seems to be up most of the time. So far it seems like a nice new system they've gone to.

You do have to go through the "Lost Password" process. Just follow the instructions. Takes a couple of steps but will get you back on.

ON EDIT: I just logged on with no problem on the Escapees. Seems to be up and running fine.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Just tried to log on to the forum and got the same "address not found" error message. I can log onto the main Escapees site just not the forum... Dave
Old 09-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dave,

Which browser are you using? I have to do a renew page with FF3. And if I get the error message I log off and come back in. For some reason FF3 seems to be having some issues. Don't have IE so don't know anything about how it might work.

But I was on within the last few minutes. No problems. It is working fine. There are upward of 100 people on the Forum right now.

Good luck.

Dennis
Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Same as Dave. I can't log in. It does not recognize me. I think in my case it has something to do with not posting anything recently. If I remember correctly they were going to purge the system of inactive members. However my profile is still there in the system.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I just logged on Escapees again and copied the log in process as Mark posted.

Good luck.

HamRad

To access the new board, please use the URL www.rvnetwork.com. Any existing bookmarks you have for the old board will need to be updated. You will also be able to access the new board via the links on the Escapees main website.

All user accounts have been moved to the new board, but each user will need to go through the lost password process to re-activate their username. You will have to click on “login” and then on “Lost Password”. Enter either your forum login name or your forum email address. The forum will email you password recovery instructions. Follow these to get a temporary password, then log in and change your password to whatever you like on your profile page.

Once you are able to log in, you should find that all the current topics are where they belong, and you can begin learning about some of the new board's features. If you have questions, post them in the "Learning the new forum" area and we'll do our best to help. The new board is very similar in functionality to the old one, but some things will seem quite different at first. There is a pretty good help function on the new board. Just click on "Help" in the upper right corner of the page header.

In most cases, the best way to learn the new board is to experiment! If you are not sure what something does, click on it! You'll notice that we have created a test area where you can post tests to your heart's content. We have also created a “Learning the new forum” area so that users can assist each other in learning the new board. These forums will remain here for a while, until everyone has become familiar with the new board, then we'll probably shut it down.

All users will need to set up their avatars again. For those users that we host, there is an avatar set called “Old forum user avatars” that contains all of the custom avatars currently hosted by us. Just browse through it until you find your own picture, and select it. (Please don't select someone else's picture just to be cute!)

If your avatar is currently hosted somewhere else, you will need to have that URL available in order to set up your avatar on the new board. If you prefer to use a stock avatar, we have a large assortment of new avatars you can choose from in the avatar Base Gallery.

We will not totally shut down the old board until the new one is stable. If you forget something, we will be able to retrieve it for you for at least a few weeks after the transition.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Here's a potential problem as to why you are having troubles. It is from a couple of the members that did get logged on.

HamRad

Had a problem similar to RVTEN. Wife's computer could find the new forum, mine couldn't. Turned out to be a DNS problem. The DNS server I was picking up automaticly couldn't resolve rvnetwork.com. When I gave it specific DNS servers, problem solved.

DNS server? This is an intermittent problem. Can you please tell just what you did to fix the problem? sad.gif
Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #13
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
I think I found the problem, if you are using Firefox go to the tools section, then Options, then privacy, then exceptions and add www.rvnetwork.com to the allowed list. That should do it... Dave
Old 09-11-2008, 03:39 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not a problem.Followed instructions and all worked well.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 AM   #15
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
OH CRAP! it was working fine last night before I went to bed, now I am getting a DNS lookup error. I never had a problem with the old site, why now... Dave P.S. This appears to be the only site that I am getting the error on. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 AM   #16
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
This address www.rvnetwork.com is for the Escapees Forum. The Escapees RV Club address is still www.escapees.com.

I just went to both websites using Firefox and IE. No problem.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 AM   #17
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
After contacting Escapees Admin I received this from them this morning. Tried this fix and still the same error problem. JB

Please do not log on to the new forum with your username and original password. The passwords were scrambled for security reasons. Please follow the instructions below:

To access the new discussion forum, please follow the following steps:
· Click on www.rvnetwork.com
· Log on to the forum with your username, then click on forgot password
· IP Board will send you an email asking that you need a new password, please click on the link in that email
· A new email will arrive soon after clicking on the link with your new password
· Log on to the forum with your existing username and new password
You should now be on the Discussion Forum.
If you would like to change your password, please follow the following steps:
· Click on My Controls at the top of the discussion forum page
· Scroll down to Change password, enter you’re the password that IP sent you, and choose another password to use as your new one
Old 09-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #18
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jolu,

What happens when you try to access Escapees?

You are putting in JUST your user name.... right? DO NOT put in your password. Username only then hit the FORGOT PASSWORD. Just follow instructions from there. You will then be emailed another verification link. Click on that and follow instructions.

For this process to work your email address must be correct in your Escapees Forum Profile. If not then it won't know where to send your email.

Unfortunately they are gearing up for IKE to hit them so they have other things on their mind right now. We may end up losing ALL access to the Escapees until the hurricane situation is over.

Good luck.

HamRad
Old 09-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #19
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
HamRad,
I followed the procedure as you described. Once I enter my user name and then hit the forgot password I then get the fill in user name and then I fill in the security number provided. At that point I get the following error:

Sorry, we don't have a member with that name in our records, please try again and double check the data you entered.

I know I am in the system because my profile Jolu can be viewed. I've had the same email from before I joined Escapees.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #20
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jolu,

I just remembered something. When I first tried to log on using the procedure outlined I got the same reply. I then happened to notice that the name in the username block had some asterisks way over to the right side of the block. I simply erased the name and typed in my username. It worked fine then!

Check that out and see if that is what you have going on too.

Dennis