Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Cool New EVDO Routers Coming Soon - need help

I recently received two pre-production routers for review purposes.

The Cradlepoint MBR1000 will probably be out first, and will be the first EVDO router with a true ExpressCard slot (and also two USB ports), as well as the first EVDO Router to have WiFi/N instead of just WiFi/G.

The Kyocera KR2 will come out soon after, and in addition to ExpressCard slot, USB ports and WiFi N that MBR1000 has, the KR2 will still have a PCMCIA slot to support many of the existing EVDO cards still in use today.

These routers are likely to start selling/shipping sometime in February. No retail pricing has been finalized.

If there are some specific questions you'd like answered in the review, please post them to this forum or email them to me.

Obviously, I can't promise I'll be able to answer all questions in the review, but I certainly will do my best!

Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Will these be able to utilize a USB port? I have found in my limited mobile use it is nice to move the antenna close the outside wall or outside of the RV.
It sure would be nice of you to share a link with us to your review once you get it up...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
It might also be helpful to have some kind of 'topography for dummies' on this type of setup. It could be very helpful to those of us that are not experts in this field so we know what is needed for a good setup.
I do believe the RV crowd is more interested in doing things the right way...

EDIT...sorry about missing part of your original post. Many notebooks these days come with built in wireless, and I know for myself wireless would be most desirable in and around the RV. These are exciting times to finally see these technologies developing for traveling.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Does it work with ATT's GSM network?
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trukdoc

Does it work with ATT's GSM network?
no, neither are likely (at launch) to support any ATT devices.
i'm told that if enough demand warrants it, support could be added to the MBR1000 in the future. so send your 'demand' to suggestions@cradlepoint.com !
Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Just an FYI to anyone who is interested...

I finally got the review done for the Cradlepoint MBR1000 EVDO Router.

Don't think I am supposed to but a direct link to the review in the forum, so just google 'MBR1000 Review' and you should find it easy.

FYI, the Kyocera KR2 review is probably not going to be done for about another 2-3 weeks. I'll advise here, when thats online.

-- alex