Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Found MP3, now where best downloads??

Sue would not let me spend any serious money for her music, so I found something she would give a nod to, it was at Kmart, of all places.
Here in Lake Havasu City, there are few places to buy from, not too much variety. I tried to get the Ipod Shuffle, the local Wal*Mart was out of them, didn't want to drive to Bullhead City, and the snotty Radio Shack lady who said she had Two in one of the 20 big boxes in the back room wouldn't tell me when I could come back and get one, so I wouldn't buy from her if she was the last place on earth. She said "I'm busy and don't have time to go through all the boxes now!" Customer No-service. I told her just because she was busy, didn't mean she had to be rude.
Anyway, I bought a Coby 266MB MP3WMA Player and flash drive from Kmart, whatever that is. It will store 120 songs, Sue is happy, but now I have to figure out the download deal. I think it around $40.00.
Any free Country music downloads? Or do I have to pay .88 each for them through Wal*Mart?
Thanks, Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Ozz,

Try www.limewire.com . We've used it for years. You'll have to download their search engine, it works great for us. (basic) is no cost.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
OZZ,
If you have some Cd's, you can convert them to mp3 on your computer. It is called ripping and all you need is a free download of Real Player or Music Match. If you are hooked up to the Internet it will search out the CD and put the artist and song in your computer. Our 300c has a mp3 player in the radio and I put around 215 songs on 1 disc, with the 6 disc changer I can drive cross country without hearing the same song twice. If you like 60s, 70s, and some 80s country western I can send you a cd with about 215 songs in mp3 format. I just have to put a blank disc in the puter and burn it.

c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wow, thanks, I will try Limewire first, C5racer, thanks for the offer, we will see what Sue wants to do.
Did you take any more steps to sell?, I think I remember you getting out of the Rv lifestyle.
ozz
Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
I've only posted it on the MOC, to lazy to advertise it elsewhere. I'll be in Vegas Thursday night and Laughlin Friday night and leaving Sat morning, if you're in the area I can give you a couple cd's.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Ozz,

Windows Media Player that is included with Windows XP will RIP CDs. The songs will be saved as MP3 or WMA files on your hard drive. Then you can drag and drop to your MP3 player connected to a USB port. Also, many of the newer CD/DVD players can play mp3/wma files. I put all my favorite music on my computer and then copy to CDs or mp3 players as needed. A standard 600mb CD can hold a bunch of MP3 files.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
I use MusicMatch Jukebox on the computer to play my songs. It has an option to play selected music at random with a feature called Auto DJ. This feature allows music to be played by different artist at random rather than listening to same person for the 10-12 songs on a particular CD.

If I want to expand the music to other parts of the house I use a FM radio transmitter that sends the music out on four different channels that can be received by any standard FM radio in other rooms of the house. This also works in the Montana. It plugs into the sound jack on the computer.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
J&D,
After 4 frustrating hours last night, and one this morning, my dumb a#@ finally got a ton of songs on sues music dealie.
I am just figuring out how little I know about 'puters. Stupid, stupid...
Oh well, I got them on, and I do appreciate the link to Lime something.
Sue was so excited, she just kept picking out songs. I told her to hold up, as there was a limit on what it would hold, so she finally stopped. She will have to be happy with what is on there, until my memory fades with the frustration I went through getting them on.
I hope I remember how I did it..........
And, we left all of her music Cd's at home-figures. It would have been simple then.
C5racer, very nice offer, we are trying to stay away from Laughlin, lost a few bucks there, and had to spend the night. Have fun, and stay away from the Roulette wheel I think it's fixed.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:48 AM   #9
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
Eddie Raven sings in his song, Joe Knows How to Live, "Women are made to love, money is made to spend". Repeat that every day and you'll be just fine, however I'm not good at what I preach. I'll email you a copy, if you don't want it, just delete it. I would need your email address if you want it.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Ozz,
I would go on-line to Radio Shack and tell them how you were treated. Even if Radio Shack doesn't own that particular business, they will get on her. I have a friend who has a Radio Shack franchise (he owns the business) in NW Iowa and he told me that Radio Shack Headquarters passes on all info, both good and bad to the stores.

I agree with you, that store would NEVER get my business.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #11
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Ozz,

Downloading the songs is only part of it. I think I have over 4500 so far. Now you need to move the songs out of the limewire shared file and make up your own file called [s]Ozz's Music[/s] I mean Sue's Music. Then you can use windows media player or I-tunes to play or burn music to disk. I prefer I-tunes. I just hook one of the laptops up to the sound system in the trailer and hit random play on the computer. Once you figure out how limewire works, there is nothing out there you can't download. good luck.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote