Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Flojet waste system

Does anyone have any information on using the flojet waste system where you use garden hose to empty your tanks. We are currently in Texas at a family farm and the septic sytem is about 35 feet away and this makes for a slow drain. Camping World has one for $270 approx. Did a search and could not find anything, thanks.

Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I don't have that system but I purchased a macerator pump that pumps waste up to 200 feet and as high up as a second-story bathroom. And it was only $150 plus a short piece of sewer hose and a one-foot piece of 1" hose along with clamps. It calls for using a one-inch hose through which to pump the waste but I'm using 5/8" hose with a 50 ft piece of 1/2 inch hose when needed to go a little further. I mounted the macerator pump on a one foot square of 5/8 plywood with a 15-amp car fuse and a switch. To this I connected 20 feet of #10 wire, one red and one black with appropriate alligator clips and just connect them to the proper battery posts. Works wonderfully in those areas where you are a long way from the septic drain.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Thanks Orv, I will do a google search on macerator pumps
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Buffpilot,

Here is a link to a company that has several macerator waste systems at prices that are better than some.

http://www.emptythetanks.com/order_online.htm#
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Buffpilot, we have a Flojet macerator pump and love it. We bought it online from Camping World and have used it extensively over the last 3 years. We use the recommended 3/4" garden hose and pumped to an elevation of about 3 feet over a 50 foot distance. Bob has some tips for you: don't attach the pump directly to the sewer pipe but attach to a short lenght of flexible sewer hose otherwise the little plastic ears on the pump will break off from the weight. Happened to us. Add a short piece of garden hose (3 or 4") to be left on to the evacuation side of the macerator so that the threads on the pump don't get worn out from repeated hose connect and disconnect. The threads strip easily. Bob put battery clips and extended the wire length on the connecting 12V wires for ease of connecting and also use on another RV if needed. If you have any other questions, please let us know.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Thanks again, yesterday I ordered the Flojet system from Camping World. Will use the great tips on setup. Bob
Old 11-07-2006, 06:04 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I have absolutely no experience with these, so bare with me. I could never reach an inside bathroom neatly at the stick house, but could I actually use this to dump into a utility sink I have in the garage?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

I have absolutely no experience with these, so bare with me. I could never reach an inside bathroom neatly at the stick house, but could I actually use this to dump into a utility sink I have in the garage?

Brad, you could reach it but I wouldn't pump the black water waste into anything but a toilet or sewer cleanout. Most stick houses have a sewer cleanout where all you have to do is remove the cap and put your hose into it and begin pumping.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks Orv - that's what I was wondering. Didn't think I wanted to get that smell lingering in the plumbing. I have several cleanouts in the basement, I guess I could go through the window.

It would be a nice option for winter camping, as most of the dump stations are either closed or don't have flush water available in the winter.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
highly reccomend the unit.
During the summer, I pump the gray water to a dry well about 80' and 10' elevation, and I also pump the black water into a 55 gallon drum I set-up with a 1 1/2" dump valve and hose that I put inot the back of my old pick-up and whwn full take it to town to a campground.
when we stay back at the old house, I pump 180' level to the septic tank, works great.
I use 3/4" black plastic pipe in both cases.
when we stop in MN to see the boys, I made up a set of fitting and take off a 1 1/2" plug and with 50' of hose I can pump the tanks out to the sewer line in the basement.
Great investment
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote