Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Decor in current models

I know that this is a minefield because personal taste varies so much with individuals, but friends of ours just traded their '05 Montana for a new Titanium (very similar to a 3605), largely because of the drab decors that seem to be in vogue on the current Montanas (and I admit many other brands). Just my view, but all this drab brown and black decor is not what I want in my trailer, and if we were looking for a new unit, we might also be drawn to the Titanium, or some other brand with a lighter more airy feeling.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I personally am not real fond of the darker woods a lot of units are showing up with. My take is that the units are small enough, and the dark wood tends to make them feel smaller. I want a unit to feel larger and open and airy. Personal choice and preferences, eh??? I don't mind browns too much, but, they gotta be on the beige side not the dark walnut side of brown. Darker colors, no matter what color scheme should be used sparingly as accents. Again, my preferences.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Me too, to all of the above.

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
I feel just the opposite, too much cheap looking oak out there and they all begin to look the same. Its about time we see some cherry, maple and other cabinet materials. The fabrics on the other hand....uuugh, Id like to see the homes of the people who choose the fabrics and walpaper borders of some of these rigs.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I think Carol hit the nail on the head with her observation.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I guess it goes to show you that everyone's tastes are different. DW absolutely loves the new color scheme with the black in it that she has seen in a couple of the newer units. One thing about the good old drab brown interiors is that they tend to hide dirt pretty well. We only clean before trips so it makes the unit seem cleaner with the earthy color schemes when you track the earthy color dirt in!! Ha!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Part of my reaction/opinion might be from the history we had with one of our units, dark walnut looking wood, only it was REALLY cheap paper and whatever else it was, and BTW, that was the cabinet doors, and all the wall surfaces. I was so happy to have some lighter colored and better looking cabinets. Ya, I know, the doors are wood, the rest is paper. That is ok, I could not haul around all the weight if the entire cabinet was real wood. Ouchie!!

Let me tell you, the cabinets in the Montana's look a WHOLE lot better than the stuff they used in the 1970 and 80s! HA HA!! And, that said, we were thrilled to have something more than a pop up!

Yep, tastes change, needs change, decorating changes. But, I still love my oak stuff in my 2004 Tana! I have some black accents in my unit, black accents ain't all that bad, but, I don't want black cabinets, black furniture, dark walls.

I swear some of these decorators pick fabric patterns and colors and stuff that would look great in a 4000 square foot house, size not in proportion for a 400 square foot rig tho. YEWWWWIE!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote