Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 05:11 AM   #1
DanandBrenda
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21176
RV service

Does anyone have a good RV repair place in Arlington WA area. We bought our 3820FK at Tacoma RV in Fife but it takes a long time to get an appointment then when you finally go to pick it up its not fixed. looking for some place that will actually fix whats wrong the first time.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandBrenda View Post
Does anyone have a good RV repair place in Arlington WA area. We bought our 3820FK at Tacoma RV in Fife but it takes a long time to get an appointment then when you finally go to pick it up its not fixed. looking for some place that will actually fix whats wrong the first time.
Can you explain " How they do not fix the problem you took in in for".We see that statement a lot on the forum.Do you mean you report and take it in to have say the fridge or hot water tank is not working and when you pick it up they are still not working.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I strongly recommend finding a service ONLY (as in no sales) business. Almost a certainty they will provide better and faster service. It’s all they do so it is their primary focus

Most, not all but most, sales dealerships primary focus is not customer satisfaction after the sale it is moving them out the door. They only have service because it is required to be a dealer.

Would also be a good idea to make contact with a mobile repair guy too

But the best thing of all is to learn to do at least basic repairs yourself
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I strongly recommend finding a service ONLY (as in no sales) business. Almost a certainty they will provide better and faster service. It’s all they do so it is their primary focus

Most, not all but most, sales dealerships primary focus is not customer satisfaction after the sale it is moving them out the door. They only have service because it is required to be a dealer.

Would also be a good idea to make contact with a mobile repair guy too

But the best thing of all is to learn to do at least basic repairs yourself
We completely agree with that unfortunately in many areas like ours shops that specialize in Rv service do not exist. We just had new tires installed at our Local tire shop and I had to stay there and tell them where to place the jacks, what kind of balancing to use, etc. We live about 3 hours from Elkhart /Goshen and go there for major RV repair like as you say they know R V's.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #5
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
Same unit as yours from Tacoma RV and yes they take a long time to schedule an appointment. My appointments are requested in January for March or April. My unit goes in for the annual warranty and stays for 3 to 4 weeks for the repairs discovered by late fall. They have discovered a few things, I didn't notice and fixed them under the annual warranty. They are a big business and I don't feel any loyalty to them. As for the Lifetime Warranty program, it becomes void if I miss the annual date. If we go to Arizona to avoid the Northwest Rain, we would have to take it to a Keystone authorized dealer in AZ and get it serviced while living in it. Just don't know how that would work out.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not exactly what you're asking for, but you can join a facebook group: Mobile RV repair across the US and Canada, and get some ideas in your area.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
buspilot
Established Member

M.O.C. #21274
JR's RV Repair and Rebuild in Sedro-Woolley. Very good shop and they don't sell RVs.

jrsrvrepair.com
buspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
You can call Keystone and till them wear you live and they can tell you wear the other authorized keystone dealers are close to you. As far as the life time warranty goes you can take it any wears to have it done just make sure to send, fax or email the paper work in to the warranty comp. I take mine in in December and get back in a day or two. Tacoma RV sales a lot of 5er's & TT so you can expect them to be very besy!
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
You can call Keystone and till them wear you live and they can tell you wear the other authorized keystone dealers are close to you. As far as the life time warranty goes you can take it any wears to have it done just make sure to send, fax or email the paper work in to the warranty comp. I take mine in in December and get back in a day or two. Tacoma RV sales a lot of 5er's & TT so you can expect them to be very besy!
What is this "life time warranty" you refer to.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #10
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
i think this is it

https://www.camperclinic2.com/camper...etime-warranty

You pay to have it inspected and any PM done. in you do that, they will pay for any repairs.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It says you have to go to Camper Clinic In Buda Texas

"ALL New RV's purchased through Camper Clinic II come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Including inspected and cerified Used RV'S in their first 2 model years. This is included at NO ADDITIONAL COST to the purchaser. True Lifetime PEACE OF MIND. Call the dealership for details and exclusions."
Old 06-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #12
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
It's like the one jeffba found you take it in once a year and they check it over for you. At Tacoma RV you pay $100.00 for the inspection the check all the appliances gas lines & fittings slide adjustments. I do all my own work so I would only use it for something like the frig, HVAC.
Happy Trails
Old 06-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It would be a long trip to Texas for us but if it is legit a good deal if you live nearby .we have ours inspected by our local dealer.Roof brakes, tires, suspension the works. It cost about 175.00 (labor cost) if problems are found our Extended warranty takes over.We do it every years without fail.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #14
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
It would be a long trip to Texas for us but if it is legit a good deal if you live nearby .we have ours inspected by our local dealer.Roof brakes, tires, suspension the works. It cost about 175.00 (labor cost) if problems are found our Extended warranty takes over.We do it every years without fail.
Ya it would be a very long drive for us to! I can go to any RV shop as long as the are certified to do RV repairs.
Happy Trails
Old 06-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #15
DanandBrenda
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21176
Took it in hot water doesn't work on propane or both electric and propane. They said that works fine. next time out hot water heater does not work on propane. Had it in a different place for the forever warranty inspection ask them to look at the suspension on the curb side looked lower on that side. They said it was a bent spring not covered under warranty. I was going to change it when I got home. At the first CG on the way home I looked at it found that the MorRyde rubber equalizer spring was delaminated from the backing. Not a bent spring like they said. MorRyde said it was under warranty and sent me a new one and paid to have it installed.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #16
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandBrenda View Post
I know of one in Lynden which is north of you. Western Travel sales. They have done many repairs on my former travel trailer. I also have them do a couple things on my HC. Install of a front of air conditioner. I also know of an excellent mobile RV guy but not sure if he goes that far south. PM if you want his information.
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #17
mrhldh

M.O.C. #19273
Send a message via AIM to mrhldh
Unhappy

I Bought my 5er at camper clinic 2 in 2016. Nothing but problems and CC2 will not cover any of the items. I had appt last summer for warranty work and they kept pushing out the date and when I finally got in, it was out of the 1 year warranty buy a week or so. Went all the way to GM to no avail. Every time I have picked up my 5er from them something else is damaged, missing or broken.

Also the warranty forever is a joke and does not cover anything. It is simply a scheme to get you coming back year after year for annual inspections. They even talked me into an extended warranty which is useless. I would use another dealer for the warranty forever but I do not think that it can be transferred.
mrhldh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #18
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Hopefully Tacoma RV will get better...they broke ground on a new 22 bay service center just up the street from the dealership..my take is that they are overwhelmed on service due to space right now ,but that doesn't make up for lost customer time, and bad relations due to personnel or skill issues. They do sell a lot of units, but they need to back them up.
We plan to go to their Customer Campout at Ocean Breeze, and sure that service issues will be the hot topic..we'll see.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:27 AM   #19
DanandBrenda
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandlaurie View Post
Hopefully Tacoma RV will get better...they broke ground on a new 22 bay service center just up the street from the dealership..my take is that they are overwhelmed on service due to space right now ,but that doesn't make up for lost customer time, and bad relations due to personnel or skill issues. They do sell a lot of units, but they need to back them up.
We plan to go to their Customer Campout at Ocean Breeze, and sure that service issues will be the hot topic..we'll see.
When is that camp out we would like to go.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #20
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
I believe the camp out is in August mid mouth you can go to there web sit and get the week end that it is.
Happy Trails