Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Bingo - Dishwasher Review Requested

Hey Bingo, is it too early for a dishwasher review? Hope your trip is going well. We are camping at Petit Jean State Park in AR. Beautiful campground and area.

Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
It is not too early, Joe. We have returned from the New Orleans trip and combined with the previous year, we have used the dishwasher on a daily basis for a couple of weeks now. It is by far the best modification we have ever done on any of our campers. The dishwasher is so quiet that the only way we can be sure it is on is to look at the lighted display. For those who do not know, we replaced our propane oven with a Fisher-Paykel Dishdrawer which is a little wider than the oven and required some slight cabinetry opening enlargement. It can be programmed to run at night while we are in bed, but we have not had the need to do that as of yet. We do not miss the propane oven since it was rarely used anyway. I think DW and I both agree that our rating would be an enthusiastic thumbs up. Winterization was a breeze, by just running some pink through the rinse cycle. The dishwasher does a great job also! We have progressed from a counter-top dishwasher in the 3400RL to a apartment style portable dishwasher in the 3750FL to the new installed model. We do not have any regrets with regards to our selection for the 3850FL! I do stil plan to install some cherry cove trim around the dishwasher itself just to supplement the appearance, but other than that we are extremely happy.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
I whole-heartedly agree with Bingo. There was the same model in our new SOB. We thought it was a nice addition...but certainly nothing that we were actively looking for in a new rig. Well...we love it!! Ours fits under the sink. It makes the cabinet under the sink a little short. I can still get my cleaning supplies in there...but am unable to fit taller items, like the dish rack or dish pans. That problem was solved when I found collapsable items that fit nicely in the tall 'skinny' cabinet...you know the kind, built for cookie sheets and such!! We give the dishwasher a two thumbs up!!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Bingo: Great info...thanks.
Marilyn: Thanks. Since we have an island too, we need to check out your install. Can you provide the model number of your unit and I can look up the dimensions and see if it will fit in our island. If it looks possible, I hope you can provide some pictures. Your install will save us from replacing our cooktop.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Joe,
I'd be glad to but the rig is in the shop for some warranty work, about 2 1/2 hours away.
Sorry,
Ken & Marilyn
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:08 AM   #6
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Ken, No rush. Not in a hurry. When you can it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 04:39 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Joe,
Here is what we installed:

Fisher Paykel DishDrawer

Specs are on bottom of page with link to installation dimensions, etc.

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #8
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Bingo....got it thanks. Now comes the measuring. Sure hope it fits in the island. Water, drain, and electricity already there and do not need to change out the oven.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:58 AM   #9
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Captain Joe,
We have the same one as Bingo, sent you a PM

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:30 AM   #10
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Ken....got the PM and replied.

My island will not work. It is not deep enough. Will have to go with the original plan and replace the stove with just a cooktop and install the dishwasher where the stove is. Measurements look good there. Will then sell the oven/cooktop. Looking for an induction cooktop to replace the oven. We like the induction cooking. Thanks all.....Joe