Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
abonzer
Established Member

M.O.C. #7370
Hydraulic Slide Question

Greetings to this great forum. I don’t post often, but wish to say how much I appreciate those who add so much value by posting their helpful suggestions.

I have a 2001 28RL Monty. Bought it new and it has been pretty trouble fee, although I am glad that Keystone does not build airplanes.

When new I had a hydraulic leak that was repaired under warranty. On my last trip out, I noticed fluid leaking from the underbelly. So today I tore into it. What a mess to get the cold weather package apart.

So I find a loose fitting on one of the pistons. Tightened it up and it appears it is good to go. So my question is: Has anyone experienced these fittings working loose after some time, ort it is possible it was not repaired correctly? If I recall correctly, hydraulic fittings should not work themselves loose.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

abonzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
abonzer,
When our 2000 was one year old, the Tee connector in the hydraulic line that provides hydraulic fluid to the curbside slide, cracked. It was replaced under extended warranty. Less than two years later, the same thing happened and I happened to be at Customer Service in Goshen and told them my problem and they provided me with the parts to fix it. I then fixed it myself. To answer your question, yes it does happen, occasionally.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote