Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Dometic Furnace w/ Comfort Control Elect. Thermos

Does anyone have any experience or trouble with short cycling of the Dometic Furnaces being control with Comfort Control Electronic Thermostat? ( NOT REMOTE) Our unit will run for about 1 min and shut off off burner. Fan will continue to run until heat chamber has cooled down. Unit will restart again and repeat the cycle.
Dometic told our service dealer to check the wiring. It was check and connectors were replaced. The unit is still doing it. When we measured the voltage coming to the furnace it showed the Thermostat was definitely shutting off the furnace. The thermostat was replaced last year as well. I would like to go back to a mechanical type of thermostat but the wiring is different and very difficult to change.
We have check the vents to make sure they are driving the thermostat
bonkers. Everything seems as it should be. Any experiences would be appreciated.

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
There are two things I know of that might have bearing on this.

1. It may be that you have a heat vent that blows warm air directly at the thermostat. You can use a deflector to test this. Running the ceiling fan may also help.

2. There is a setting in the thermostat for the amount of "span" between when it starts and stops. If this is set for the lowest setting, then it won't take much temperature rise to cause the thermostat to shut down the furnace.

Either or both of these might be the cause of your problem. We have the same thermostat, and in our rig it works quite well, but you are not the first to report this situation.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

There are two things I know of that might have bearing on this.

1. It may be that you have a heat vent that blows warm air directly at the thermostat. You can use a deflector to test this. Running the ceiling fan may also help.

2. There is a setting in the thermostat for the amount of "span" between when it starts and stops. If this is set for the lowest setting, then it won't take much temperature rise to cause the thermostat to shut down the furnace.

Either or both of these might be the cause of your problem. We have the same thermostat, and in our rig it works quite well, but you are not the first to report this situation.
John ,where is the adjustment on the "Span adjust"
Thanks
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I was afraid you were going to ask that! I'll have to find my book. I think that there are some dip switches or jumpers in the thermostat control board. I'll try to find it and let you know.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote