Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
wschexnaydre

M.O.C. #2860
montana decal peeling off

I did a search and did not get a hit on this subject. I have a 2005 3670 rl and the front cap decal, and side decals are curling on the edges and it looks like you know what. This is not covered by the warrenty I was told, does anyone else have this problem? and what was the solution.

wschexnaydre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am still trying ot figure out what to do about the curling decals. my decals are just starting to curl on the edges but I want to make sure I fix the problem and not make it worse so I am still looking at adhesive products. Someone said they used super glue on theirs...but I know me. I have no business with a bottle of super glue around anything I would want to look at again. I would just end up with my fingers stuck to the trailer.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Phil,

You're right about that! I had some small curls at the slides on our 2003 (drive too fast I guess). I tried superglue - just a dab, and the decal ended up stuck to me instead of the trailer . I accomplished nothing and lost more.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #4
fmsunoco
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2384
Mine curled 2 years ago and I got out my wifes clear nail polish with the little brush in it.
I painted all the edges and the decals still look like new.

Frank
fmsunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I too had excessively peeling and extreme shrinking decals on my 05, but I was lucky I guess ... last summer, after correspondence with a lady at Team Montana, I sent several photos to them and got a set of decals outside the warranty period. I had to supply the labor to put them on. I decided to remove them myself to save on some labor cost ... 5 afternoons with a heat gun later and minus some fingernails, maybe if a next time rolls around I'll think about it a little harder. Ha!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote