Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
The Bedsaver won't fit--suggestions?

I just bought an 18K Draw-tite Select Plus hitch because I wanted a hitch to which I could attach a Bedsaver. Got the hitch installed last Friday, and it turns out the holes in the 18K Bedsaver don't line up with the holes in the hitch. The truck installer who put in my hitch is willing to drill a new set of holes in the Bedsaver but I first wanted to ask people here whether that makes sense to do and/or if they have any other suggestions as to how to put the Bedsaver on this hitch.

Before I do anything, I feel I need to wait until I get my Big Sky next month and can determine which set of holes I need to use on the hitch to make sure the rig is level and that I have the 6" space between the rig and the truck bedrails. One question I have in this regard is whether the appropriate hitch position will change once I get the rig fully loaded up this summer before heading off full-timing. In other words, once I have a fully loaded Big Sky on my F350, will I need to change the holes I'm using on the hitch to make sure the rig is still level and still gives me that 6" of clearance.

P.S.--I tried to avoid this problem by talking to the Blue Ox people before buying the hitch. The only 18K hitches Blue Ox says it fits are the 18K hitches by Reese, Draw-tite, and Hidden Hitch--all of which are now apparently the same company and same hitch. The Blue Ox people couldn't tell me which model of Reese or Draw-tite hitch they were referring to as the "18K" hitch that their BXR4102 Bedsaver was designed to fit and suggested I call Reese. I called Reese and was told that the only 18K hitch Reese or Draw-tite they sell is the Select Plus 18K hitch, so that's what I bought, only to find that the Bedsaver doesn't fit it. Color me frustrated!!!

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Drill the holes you will be fine
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote