Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Problem

The Montana has been on the side of the house all winter. I went out today to put some stuff in it and there is a loud beeping noise. I didn't take the batteries out this winter, but other then that everything is just the same. Could the batteries be dead? Helllllppppp!

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Yes, the batteries are dead or cold. Last fall after I closed up for winter, it got real cold. The next day the smoke detector went off. I had to pull the batteries - not wired into AC. About a month ago, the carbon-monoxide alarm went off. It was loud, I could hear a faint noise from the house a 100 feet away. I had to take the batteries out. I would leave them out until you start working in there or start using it. I would definitely put in new batteries before using it.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Battery dying on smoke alarm????
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
When I went to load my Monty for my vacation, I heard an intermediate beeping noise. It was driving me nuts!! Finally tracked it down to the carbon monoxide alarm. Changed out the batteries, and that annoying beeping stopped...LOL

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Some carbon monoxide detectors are wired to the RV's battery and can run the battery down if the battery is left connected or power is not shut off. On our old TT, I would remove the 12 amp fuse that went to the detector.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #6
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Battery(ies) need to be disconnected, and, if the weather is going to be very cold, removed and stored indoors for RV long term storage or winterization, for sure. Keep them on a "trickle charger" if you can.

The propane leak detector, carbon monoxide detector and/or any other "things" which operate off the RV battery will certainly pull it down after a few weeks/months, esp. if the outside temps are very low.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote