Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Kitchen Slide

Like a kid at Christmas watching the wheels turn on his new toy car, I was watching the slides go in and out on our 3400RL.

The kitchen slide is the only one that retracts with the top tilted inward and it doesn't straighten out until the slide makes contact with the trailer. As a result, it really put pressure on the kitchen floor and I can hear it sliding accross the linoleum.

Don't want to be paranoid- but is that normal? I know some folks have had torn floors.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:22 AM   #2
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
YUP Brad, it is. However, watch the ends of the fascia trim boards at the bottom end. It maybe that those are rubbing across the linoleum at some point as they move in and out. My Challenger is the same floor plan as your coach. On one occasion when my coach was at KS customer service, they took the board off and cut 1/2" off the bottom, I think it was. It has been much better. However, as I am moving the rooms in and out, when the kitchen begins to move, I use my left hand and arm to push out at the top slightly while using my right hand to operate the switch.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:08 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks MIMF - Good to know it's normal, and I'll check the boards below.

I found myself doing the samething with the arm out of instinct, only I have to have the DW run the switch as it's too far to reach.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
We have the 05 - 3400 and have had that slide worked on 4 times..... after the third time the slide was actually tearing the kitchen floor, we took it back to a different dealer and they found that the slide cover had too much tension on it and was causing it to drag, almost broke the trim moldings you are talking about, it was out of warranty by this time and cost us $425 to have them find the problem. This was last Sept., when we got to the rally i Goshen and went on the factory tour we were given a check for $425 from keystone!!!! Burnsides in Houghton Lake MI went to bat for us and Keystone was great, told us if we have anymore problems with this slide just let them know. We replaced the floor all the way threw the camper with laminate flooring at our own expense because we wanted to anyway.
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote