Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #241
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
I replaced the GFCI and everything is exactly the same. The dealer confirmed with Keystone that all the GFCI outlets are in fact daisy chained and the only reset in the system is in the bathroom. So that leaves me thinking the problem may be more serious and beyond my very limited electrical skillset.

The Aviators TV Website | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel
Streaming Episodes (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon)
OutlawPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #242
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Sounds like it is down to what I suggested above. You have to track the wire leaving the master and find the loose connection! It might be the next closest plug or there may be a junction box where there is a loose connection!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #243
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
It's time to DVOM out and start checking down line from the GFCI to see were you lost current at like James said it could be the next plug in line if I remember there is a J\Box behind the back wall that go's to the outside plug and on from there.

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 HC 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4

Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #244
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
UPDATE: In troubleshooting with my dealer, supporting the info provided in this forum - thanks guys! - I replaced the GFCI hoping it was faulty, but doing so didn't solve the problem. So I thought I’d visually inspect each linked outlet to see if there was anything obvious. I checked one at a time then tested one by one.

The GFCI-protected outlet in the basement LOOKED ok but there must be something wrong with it internally because after having jiggled that one and testing, all the outlets WORK!!!!

I have an onsite service visit booked for a few weeks from now when it can be replaced. But in the meantime, the mystery is solved!

I'd like to give Blair Sicard of Sicard RV well earned praise for responding to my email 10 minutes after I sent it... at 11 PM!!! And to his shop foreman, Kelly, for working with me and following up FIVE TIMES!

Old 04-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #245
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
AV upgrades: I'm a techie/gadget guy so it goes without saying that something had to be done with the entertainment system in the 381. The Furrion DV3300 receiver actually isn't half bad. Not great power, but the integration and basic functionality is not bad.

I'm still debating the TV. It's not terrible for a basic TV. Even watching sports, there's no ghosting and obvious faults. Replacing it would definitely be an improvement, but with all that's going on I'm not sure I feel like taking it on right now.

Then there's sound. The TV's speakers are among the worst I've ever heard! Plugging it into the DV3300 is a massive improvement, but those tiny Furrion speakers just aren't very good at all.

I tried 3 (yes, three) sound bars and finally arrived at the Klipsch RSB-6 (https://amzn.to/2qJK4Fw). Sitting it on the front of the TV top it fits perfectly when the TV is up. The sound is a gargantuan improvement with the previously missing lows coming from a wireless sub tucked away behind the recliners (probably not ideal placement for audiophiles, but convenient for we RVers).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-20 11.14.24.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1549  

Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #246
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Glade to hear you found the problem with your plugins I figured it was a bad connection some wear in there! with really chip plugins I don't like the way the wires just kinda clip into the receptacles with all ruff roads we go down the are bound to come loos at some point.

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 HC 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4

Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #247
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawPilot View Post
AV upgrades: I'm a techie/gadget guy so it goes without saying that something had to be done with the entertainment system in the 381. The Furrion DV3300 receiver actually isn't half bad. Not great power, but the integration and basic functionality is not bad.

I'm still debating the TV. It's not terrible for a basic TV. Even watching sports, there's no ghosting and obvious faults. Replacing it would definitely be an improvement, but with all that's going on I'm not sure I feel like taking it on right now.

Then there's sound. The TV's speakers are among the worst I've ever heard! Plugging it into the DV3300 is a massive improvement, but those tiny Furrion speakers just aren't very good at all.

I tried 3 (yes, three) sound bars and finally arrived at the Klipsch RSB-6 (https://amzn.to/2qJK4Fw). Sitting it on the front of the TV top it fits perfectly when the TV is up. The sound is a gargantuan improvement with the previously missing lows coming from a wireless sub tucked away behind the recliners (probably not ideal placement for audiophiles, but convenient for we RVers).
That looks good. How much clearance is there when it’s all the way up? Just wondering if it will work if the tv goes any higher.

Would the sub work behind the tv? I’ve thought of adding one there hooked to the DV3300.

As far as the tv, I’ve considered upgrading also, maybe even larger, 55” or so. I think there’s clearance, but much measuring would be needed first. Concerned about the extra weight on the lift mechanism. I wonder if that board could be removed from the top?
Snowy
dlscott185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #248
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
The board will lift right off. I think it is a liabilities thing (IE: no crushed fingers). Let us know if it fits. I have a spare 50” laying around that is part of my mobile disco setup.

Speaking of which, I wonder how the sound would be with one of my 20” JBL suns lol
Old 04-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #249
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I have a spare 50” laying around that is part of my mobile disco setup.
I think the Furrion that's in there is already a 50", albeit a basic one.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #250
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott185 View Post
That looks good. How much clearance is there when it’s all the way up? Just wondering if it will work if the tv goes any higher.
Not as I have it right now. It's at the max with the soundbar forward on the ledge.

Quote:
Would the sub work behind the tv? I’ve thought of adding one there hooked to the DV3300.
I had it there originally but read that containing the sub in a box essentially eliminates the benefit of having a sub. I tested it and found that to be true. Now the bass thumps from the rear but in such a small space it all blends quite satisfyingly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-04-20 13.11.09.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1550  

Old 04-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #251
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
I just tried moving it further back on the ledge and it seems that that's a much better position. It now allows for the TV to go higher or to install a slightly larger TV. I'd LOVE a 55"! Now it looks like that's a possibility!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-04-20 13.12.14.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1551  

Old 04-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #252
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Curious about subwoofers

The dv3300 has the ability to drive a subwoofer. It would improve the sound from the radio, especially for tv audio. Furrion makes a powered sub, but also a passive one. But they are pricey for questionable quality. What other option would work? If powered, my thought is to use 120v since it’s whole reason for being is the tv which wouldn’t be used with out 120. Thoughts on options?
Snowy
Old 04-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #253
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
One other thing

Forgot to mention I’d just as soon stay with the dv3300 instead of a sound bar like Outlaw Pilot. That is a viable option, but I have too much stuff to add to the camper already.
Snowy
Old 04-22-2018, 06:26 AM   #254
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
The dv3300 has the ability to drive a subwoofer. It would improve the sound from the radio, especially for tv audio. Furrion makes a powered sub, but also a passive one. But they are pricey for questionable quality. What other option would work? If powered, my thought is to use 120v since it’s whole reason for being is the tv which wouldn’t be used with out 120. Thoughts on options?
I very seriously considered both Furrion subs and sticking with the OEM system as much as possible but the reviews and specs of both the powered and passive subs were not good, especially considering the price.

I also considered replacing the tiny Furrion speakers with something of similar size but better quality and adding a name brand sub. That's when the sound bar just seemed to make more sense as it would end up around the same price and be a much more simple plug and play solution.

For not much more than the price of a Furrion powered sub you can get an inexpensive sound bar. Regardless which way you go, if actually utilizing the entertainment system is important to you then some kind of audio upgrade is essential.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:33 PM   #255
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Latest Weekend Spent in our 380TH

We just spent a long weekend in our 380TH. 10 nights total so far.

I can definitely report that we grow more fond of this floor plan each time we spend a night in it. And the heatpump. And the Splendide.

I did set up our Dish Playmaker by King, and it worked thru the trailer wiring. I was happily impressed with that. Only issue was the local channels didn't come in in HD. All other channels did, but when initially setting it up, it gave me the message about not finding all the satellites. I went past it, and all was there, except the locals in HD. One more test then work with Dish. Or add a direct wire thru the wall.

We took the Harley along, and I've learned that I don't back the bike out when the trailer is leveled because the transition is too great and the kick stand hangs up in the opening between the door and floor. We back it out while still hooked up to the Ford.

Also, I'm having a problem with the left side of the bed lift not working as well as the right side. That will go back to Rich and Sons as warranty work. But dw lifted on that side, and it actually helped.

I had a problem with the autolevel on Ground Control, but on review it may just be operator error.

Anyway, happy to report she's a keeper.
Snowy
Old 04-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #256
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
We just spent a long weekend in our 380TH. 10 nights total so far.

I can definitely report that we grow more fond of this floor plan each time we spend a night in it. And the heatpump. And the Splendide.

I did set up our Dish Playmaker by King, and it worked thru the trailer wiring. I was happily impressed with that. Only issue was the local channels didn't come in in HD. All other channels did, but when initially setting it up, it gave me the message about not finding all the satellites. I went past it, and all was there, except the locals in HD. One more test then work with Dish. Or add a direct wire thru the wall.

We took the Harley along, and I've learned that I don't back the bike out when the trailer is leveled because the transition is too great and the kick stand hangs up in the opening between the door and floor. We back it out while still hooked up to the Ford.

Also, I'm having a problem with the left side of the bed lift not working as well as the right side. That will go back to Rich and Sons as warranty work. But dw lifted on that side, and it actually helped.

I had a problem with the autolevel on Ground Control, but on review it may just be operator error.

Anyway, happy to report she's a keeper.
Right there with you. The more we use it the more we like it

Don’t know about everyone else but every time we go someone new is asking what kind of toy hauler is that and when we show them it is always WOW!!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #257
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I still wish that Keystone would join the middle storage and garage together and maybe make the garage full width. Only side by side that will fit is narrow can am scout. A wider base would allow for X3 Maverick and others. Roll cages would likely still fit as they are not as wide as tires. Basically, Keystone needs to actually measure some of these toys and design the unit to accommodate them!!!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #258
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I still wish that Keystone would join the middle storage and garage together and maybe make the garage full width. Only side by side that will fit is narrow can am scout. A wider base would allow for X3 Maverick and others. Roll cages would likely still fit as they are not as wide as tires. Basically, Keystone needs to actually measure some of these toys and design the unit to accommodate them!!!
There's certainly a few things they could improve upon but overall I think this floor plan is the best available right now!!

Old 05-01-2018, 08:51 AM   #259
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
Should the bed be able to be raised while on the leveling jacks with the slides out?

We just tried it and after a second or two the right side catches on something and stops as the left side continues. We stop and reverse at that point. It didn’t do that the last time we checked. I wonder if we’re slightly off-level which is skewing the mechanism.

It worked fine when we picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #260
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawPilot View Post
Should the bed be able to be raised while on the leveling jacks with the slides out?

We just tried it and after a second or two the right side catches on something and stops as the left side continues. We stop and reverse at that point. It didn’t do that the last time we checked. I wonder if we’re slightly off-level which is skewing the mechanism.

It worked fine when we picked it up a couple of weeks ago.
I know on ours the bedroom slide has to be out at least a couple of inches to avoid hanging up the bed when we want to lift it. But ours does the back and forth thing from side to side hooked up or leveled. One side raises then the other side catches up, then back the other way.
Snowy