Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Leaving Disney World

We pulled out of Mouse Mountain RV Park this morning and are now at The Bees RV Resort in Clermont, FL. My last day working with Mickey at Disney World was March 31 and we are not taking two weeks or so to get to Michigan. I am sorry to leave Disney for the season but looking forward to being "Ranger Jim" this summer and fall at Waldenwoods RV Resort in Hartland, MI. We are looking forward to seeing kids and grandkids again. Carol will see the doctors about her knees and hopefully have a solution to her constant pain (other than me). We will be going up I-75, stopping at LAke City, FL, Unadilla, GA, Wildwood, GA, Haskill, TN and getting to The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington April 14-16. Rich and Helen are going to join us at the Horse Park and if anyone else is going to be in the area, we would love to see you. We will be staying at the campground in the Kentucky Horse Park. We will then go to Wapakoneta, OH and on to home from there. If we don't see you along this route, we hope to see you at the 2008 MOC Fall Rally in September.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen's last day for the mouse is Tuesday and we will pull out of Mouse Mountain RV Resort Friday Morning. Helen had a ball working for the rodent as did Jim. I will also work there next season.Our flight plan is Cordele ,Ga Cleveland, TN, Berea .Kn where we will hook up with Jim and Carol then a couple of days at the Kentucky Horse farm before the trip home. Anyone in the area stop by and see Ole Rich ride a horse which should be quite a sight.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hey Jim, Rich, If you have time, Renfo Valley, ky is nice, also has a nice campground, Sun, mon, tue is passport america, and they have some great music shows also. its only a mile off I-75, 20 miles south of Berea ky. Anyways Rich, least the horse doen't take diesel! LOL! Be safe..
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Tom. We were planning on being there the night of Saturday the 12th. Looking forward to the show.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Jim, you and Carol have fun at the KY Horse Park. I know Rich will.

We are leaving the Mouse on the 22nd of this month and plan on being in Berea at the Walnut Meadows RV CG on 4/23. This is also a P.A. park. Tom, can you give me a comparison of this against the Renfro Valley CG?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:18 AM   #6
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Dave, Walnut meadows and Renfro are good campgrounds, I , myself prefer Renfro valley, because we go there to see the shows and music. The little town is nice and a couple years back right beside they opened a country music hall of fame which is really interesting if you like country and western. renfro campground is right across the parking lot from all this. the PA discount is for 3 days only, Sunday, monday, tuesday. They do have a website. travel safe!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave..We will be staying at the wallnut Grove Campground Sunday the 13th of April alomg with Jim and Carol.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:46 AM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ok Jim and Carol, just what time will you be passing Troy Ohio on the way to Wapakoneta? We have met with Dave and Cheryl(with a C) and had lunch with them. This is a great restaurant row with easy access for stopping with the camper. Wal-Mart parking lot, what more could you ask for. If you would like to meet for lunch or dinner, give us a call. Cell number 937-418-5414, we would be glad to meet up with you on your travels thru Ohio!
Also, we are looking into shorter trips in distance, but staying for a while longer, we could talk about your home base!
There is also diesel at Speedway and at the Meijers stations.
This applys to you too, Rich and Helen. I already know that the Spriks are going a different way home. Heck, this applies to anyone passing our home!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You all drive safe, and take your time on the road. Carol, good luck with the knee problem, like a back problem, it is a constant discomfort.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:06 AM   #10
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Steve - sounds great. We will be going through on April 16 and probably leaving Wapakoneta the 17th. It looks like it is only about 30 miles so we could meet for dinner the 16th. Maybe we will set up and come back for dinner. I will be in touch before then.
Ozz - Thank you for the thoughts for Carol. She really appreciated them. The best to you and Sue in your new adventure in Hill Country.
- Jim
Old 04-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #11
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We leave The Bees in Clermont in the morning and are only going to Lake City, FL. Probably stopping at Oaks 'n Pines, a PA park. We heard from others at this park that Oaks 'n Pines is a nice place to stop. We'll see, unless we keep on going on to Unadilla, GA, a C2C park along I-75. Weather may have something to say about how late we drive. We have been having some heavy storms lately in the afternoons and evenings - great light and music shows. Don't want to travel in any of these. We did make one more stop at the Disney Cast Connection store to take advantage, one more time this season, of our nice discounts.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve we will be splitting from Jim& Carol and going up 71 to our part of Ohio. We will also be staying close to home base this summer and we will have to plan a get to gether.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Hey, all you guys leaving me here alone with the Mouse. We will be heading towards the Ohio state at the end of April, but going through Charlotte, NC to see grand kids. Steve we will meet soon at Tomorrows Stars!!!
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Jim P, we're not leaving yet. I'm working 5 days this week and 3 next week. THEN we are out of here... April 22 leave date. Jim B, you guys have a safe trip. Do you know when you are coming back next year - and what park?

Jim P, are you working every day that Julie is gone?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #15
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, that CG in GA I was trying to think of over lunch today was High Falls CG in Barnesville, GA. Just south of ATL. It is a PA park. Have never stayed there before.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #16
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Dave, I am off this Tuesday and Wednesday and off Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday next week. Going to work the "Grad Nights" next Friday and Saturday - understand this will be a "hoot"!!!! Working from 6PM until 4AM. If you guys get hungry - give me a call!!!
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Today we left The Bees in Clermont, FL. We were going to stop at Lake City at a PA park but, since it had been raining the last several days and it was still cloudy and the traffic was moving well, we continued on the Unadilla, GA. We will spend the next two nights here at a C2C park and then move on. It is considerably cooler here, presently 59 degrees. Wednesday on to Northern Georgia or so. As much as we loved it in Florida this winter, we have kids and grandkids to hug and not just talk about so we are ready to get home for a while. Saturday we are going to see the C&W show at Renfro Valley, KY then on to the Kentucky Horse Park, after stopping Sunday at Berea, the Arts and Crafts Capital of KY. Meeting Richfaa and Helen there. We hope to see Steve and Patty Emell about Wednesday when we pass through their area in Troy, OH. Best trip home we ever had.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are now at a PA park in Heiskell, TN. When we were in Unadilla, GA, we visited the Andersonville Civil War Prison, northwest of Cordele. It is now a memorial for POWs from all wars. This was a very sobering visit. So many gave so much so that we can remain free. God bless them all. We spent last night in Cartersville, GA. When we got up this morning, the truck and rig were covered with a greenish powder. The sky was filled with a hazy substance. We found it to be pollen from the trees. The wind was blowing it and it was into everything. The sky looked almost smoky. We will be here in Heiskell at the Volunteer Family RV Park until Sunday, when we go to Berea, KY. We were going to Renfro Valley, KY Saturday but weather may keep us here for one more day. A new cold front is bringing storms - storms that have raised cain from Texas to Northern Michigan. While here, we will probably go to Oak Ridge and look over the home of the Manhattan Project - awesome stuff. Monday, to Lexington, KY to the Kentucky horse Park for a couple of days. We should meet with Rich and Helen at Berea.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #19
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Before the strong winds, tornado watches and warnings and loud thunderstorms came, we went to Oak Ridge, TN. This is a 60,000 acre piece of American History. We went into the American Museum of Science and Energy and saw how this complex was thought of, created and what it still does. It went from a large agriculture area to the 5th largest city in Tennessee almost overnight, which just happens to have been surrounded by barbed wire, guards and gates. We then came back to the Volunteer Family Campground, a PA park, and saw The Bushy Valley Boys, who were actually two guys and two gals, singin' and pickin'. Great end to a really interesting day. Because of weather, decided to stay here another night before heading to Berea, KY Sunday.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #20
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
What is all that white stuff mixed with the rain we drove through today? We left Heiskell, TN and drove to Berea, KY. We set up in the rain and snow mix and the freeze watch for tonight was just lifted and will be tomorrow night instead. Weren't we just in the sun and 80 degree days? Good thing our heaters and furnace works. Rich and Helen just pulled in and are setting up in the sleet now. Dave and Cheryl, where is Mouse Mountain when we need it? Take your time leaving for Michigan because if this keeps up we will be singing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" Tomorrow we go to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. Hope those thoroughbreds emit heat and are willing to share.