Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2018, 10:02 PM   #41
shovelhead86
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10985
2018 3791 rd

We purchased our 3791 RD in Jan 2018. We are all time and have gone from Fl to Maine to Mn and now in TX.
We simply love it. I did replace toilet for a Dometic. replaced thermostat face plates. Dometic sent them for free. I changed the breaker coming off the batteries to a 80 amp breaker furnace and AC have worked well. DW and I are happy campers.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:05 PM   #42
Joe Hollars
Established Member

M.O.C. #22879
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
We purchased our 3791 RD in Jan 2018. We are all time and have gone from Fl to Maine to Mn and now in TX.
We simply love it. I did replace toilet for a Dometic. replaced thermostat face plates. Dometic sent them for free. I changed the breaker coming off the batteries to a 80 amp breaker furnace and AC have worked well. DW and I are happy campers.
Thank you. Ours should be here in another week or so. We have looked and researched hundreds. This is the one we chose. If it is 1/2 as good as our Cameo then we will be satisfied.
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #43
bshgto
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16013
Just for comparison purposes of course, should look at the Grand Design Solitude 380 FL, r 380FL-R, saw this at the Hershey show very nice a real 2 person main bath with another 1/2 bath, same length about same weight and price.
Andersen Ultimate on pucks, 5th Airborne Mor/Ryde SRE 4000.... smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #44
BillnLonda

M.O.C. #23085
Quote:
Originally Posted by awheeler View Post
We have the 2017 3791RD and we love it. Almost too much storage underneath as the unit can become too heavy. We added Boos Block butcher block "shelves" on each end of the island (sink) that fold down. This added a great deal of work place for preparing meals. We do not often camp in really cold weather, but we do have two additional small electric fireplace type stoves that do keep the chill off when we are in a cold climate. As far as the air conditioners - no problem as yet. We are both accustom to hot weather and we like the house a bit on the warm side.

As far as the floorplan - we both really like the fact that we can each have our own space. The floorplan is much more like a home with separate rooms. When in the den it feels like a real den and is extremely comfortable. We ARE planning to remove one of the sofas and put in a desk and work station as DW teaches online and really needs an office area.

We also love the residential fridge. It is just one more feature that makes the unit a real home and for us this is our home.

Feel free to ask any questions. We have had a couple of issues - hot water heater was the main one - but nothing that cannot be repaired - at least not yet.
I noticed you posted this awhile back. Were you able to replace a sofa with a desk.
BillnLonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #45
D&A

M.O.C. #23091
issue with water leaking behind Microvave

Hi every one, I just bought a new 2019 Montana 3791RD. Love it took it out for the first time. Rain storm introduced us to a leak coming down behind microwave. I looked at the exhaust vent thinking the caulking might be bad, its fine. has anybody had this problem?
D&A is offline   Reply With Quote