Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #21
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
I went to Keystone's website and clicked on the Cambridge and viewed all the info available as well as their photos. Of course there was no info to be found on specifications page I then went to the contact page and sent a comment...PLEASE send us specifications...etc (this was all done around 4:00PM today.)

Just got back from dinner and had the following email response...
Hope this comes out readable.
Again this shows the response level of Keystone to the consumer.

Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Holroyd,

We have just reviewed your email sent Wednesday, March 2, 2005. There are
two different models of Cambridge, here are the specifications for both of
them:

ITEM 358RLS
GVWR 16980
Shipping Weight 14800
Gross Dry Wt (UVW) 14500
Carrying Capacity 2480
Hitch 2980
Dry Axle Weight 11820

ITEM 361RLS
GVWR 17000
Shipping Weight 14100
Gross Dry Wt (UVW) 13800
Carrying Capacity 3200
Hitch 3000
Dry Axle Weight 11100

Both Models
GAWR 7000/7000
Exterior Length 39' 9"
Exterior Width 8'
Ext Height - Top of A/C 13' 2"
Fresh Water Capacity 100
Waste Water Capacity 48
Grey Water Capacity 96
LPG Capacity (lb) 80
Tire Size 235/85R16G
Tire PSI 110
Rim Size 16 X 6

You are the eyes and ears in the field so to speak. Your comments, both
positive and negative are welcome as they will help Keystone build more
practical, reliable, and user friendly products.

Thank you for your time and input,
Keystone Owner Relations
Brandon Tom
Owner Relations
Keystone RV Company

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Need some detail on that lowerd front end. I don't think it would cross the rail road track near my place.

Just how many inches of ground clearence is there forward of the axels???
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #23
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Gee Gruffy, I am not an expert on this unit. LOL Guess I forgot to ask that question and I do not know the answer. Guess it would also depend some on the tow vehicle. Think the only way we could come up with an answer for the ground clearance question would be to measure it. Unfortunately we are an hour away fron the dealership where we saw this one.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #24
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Here's a link to a picture showing a 20 ounce Coke bottle standing up under the lowered area:
http://jenandfred.com/gallery2/view_...08&id=P1290004

We didn't have a ruler at the time, so we figured a Coke bottle was a pretty familiar size.

By the way, Joyce, great pictures! I wish we had some of that nice weather you have...we just got over a foot of snow up here.

I also noticed that the interior wood seemed to be plain wood. The Cambridge we sawe seemed to have an "antiqued" effect added to the edges.

Fred

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gruffy

Need some detail on that lowerd front end. I don't think it would cross the rail road track near my place.

Just how many inches of ground clearence is there forward of the axels???
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #25
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Thanks for the photo .... Yikes.... it looks like they have built below the frame rails...

Time to get the tape measure out. I'm gonna want to know just how much clearence I have over those tracks befor I do any more trailer shopping.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:42 AM   #26
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I had to take my truck to the local Montana dealer this afternoon to have the 5er hitch installed, and as I came off I-985 and looked at the dealership, there was a Cambridge sitting on the corner. It was the same basic unit as the one of which Joyce took photos. It IS an impressive unit with all of the bells and whistles—I especially like the internal panel cluster and the outside box where the mechanicals are operated—but I was struck that no matter how beautifully it was dressed up, it was still at heart a camper whose heart is no different from a Montana. Considering that there was a price tag of $79,900—which could be financed for 180 months at $450 a month with 15% down—the Montana looks more than good enough to me!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:18 AM   #27
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Just a follow up…when I returned to the dealer this afternoon to pick up my truck, my father-in-law and I walked back over to the Cambridge and when I again looked at the paper work inside, I realized that I had misquoted something. It was not $450 a month for 180 months, but for 240 months!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #28
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Joyce - Thanks for your posting and great pics. They really were appreciated. You mentioned that you noticed a few things that could be improved upon. Care to elaborate? The height, length, weight and low underbelly clearance are kind of scary. Thanks.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #29
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We walked through a Cambridge over the weekend at the dealer in Birmingham. Nice unit but as we like to say, we have "more bang for our buck" in the Montana. I didn't see anything that would change my lifestyle and I prefer the price on the Montana over the big bucks for a Cambridge. They also had a Landmark, a new product designed by a team of experienced RV folks. Don't know if they were dealers or travelers. It's a nice unit, too, comparable to the Cambridge in style and price.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:53 AM   #30
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Ron & Vic,
Been a while so hard for me to remember. One of the biggest things that needs to be changed is the molding around the kitchen slide. This molding hits the pantry door when opening. Pantry door will not fully open and I can see a big scratch or even hole in the door after some time. This is a cosmetic thing and I am sure it will be corrected with future units. Keystone has had the advantage of having this forum to suggest changes in the Montana and I am sure after a few Cambridge units hit the roads they will get some feed back to improve. We have decided we woulod like to wait a year or so to see what changes they make in this unit. Most of the things we felt could be improved were cosmetic. Of course we are not mechanically inclined and not knowledgeable on all the electrical works, so we are waiting for other members to let us know what they think of the Cambridge. Have only seen one on the road and have not seen any in the resort here yet.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:10 AM   #31
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Joyce - Thanks for your response. Our dealer at home is awaiting delivery of a Cambridge and should be on their lot about the time we return to Wisconsin. Just trying to get as much info before we look at it and pay special attention to things mentioned on this thread. Just tring to reduce our "glossy" eyes. Thanks.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:10 AM   #32
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Yes very nice job. And very through. I have seen this unit at Mike Thompson's RV in Colton, California. We have just purchased the 3400RL and I must say that I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. I think it is a little to flashy for the road. I guess I am really a camper at heart, because I just can't see this 5th wheel parked in the boonies, or somewhere in the Az. quartzsite area. But then there has to be alot of people who will buy it because it is so beautiful. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote