Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
HurtinAlbertan

M.O.C. #13822
Front camera programmed to tv

Hello everyone,
I saw on a post (I am hoping it was MOC forum) somebody had wired their front mount camera into their tv, and had a "window" to the front of their rv.
Can someone turn me onto this thread? I searched it, but nothing came up.
Thanx,
Terry
Please move if in wrong thread.

HurtinAlbertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I am not sure I understand your post. I have a dash cam for example, for my TV. I also have two "Drop Cams" one I place outside my RV and one inside. I use that to monitor RV and my dogs when I leave my Montana. I can also receive video on my phone and IPad. The hard wired cameras on RV and Truck transmit to DVR and then I pick up video by WIFI. While driving on my monitor in truck? Might have read more into your post?
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
HurtinAlbertan

M.O.C. #13822
I am not sure I understand your post. I have a dash cam for example, for my TV. I also have two "Drop Cams" one I place outside my RV and one inside. I use that to monitor RV and my dogs when I leave my Montana. I can also receive video on my phone and IPad. The hard wired cameras on RV and Truck transmit to DVR and then I pick up video by WIFI. While driving on my monitor in truck? Might have read more into your post?

The post i am refering to had a picture of the inside tv, and on the the tv screen, it showed the exterior of the rv, coming from a camera somewhere. We are going to be installing our cameras, and wanted to review that post to see how they did it. The rv did not have a picture window in the front of the rv, but a large TV.
Thanx,
Terry
Old 02-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You're looking for a post by Ozz. He's the one that did that, not sure what the thread was called.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
HurtinAlbertan

M.O.C. #13822
Thanx.
Just figured out how to look up old posts on specfic people.
I'm creeping you Artemus
I will look up Ozz.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
HurtinAlbertan

M.O.C. #13822
You're looking for a post by Ozz. He's the one that did that, not sure what the thread was called

I found it. Thanx very much.
Artemus, i might post you later, to find out what all that tech talk was about.
You all have a good nite.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I previously posted an idea of a high resolution camera mounted on the pin-box and wired directly to the front tv in the living room of the front living room models. This would allow the television to serve as a picture window at the front of the rig. I am still researching the possibilities and have discussed it with several vendors and it is possible to do it and the cost is not that great. Have not done it yet, but it is on the mod list. If you do manage to get it installed and functional, please post your findings, as I am interested in your solution.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
HurtinAlbertan

M.O.C. #13822
A chance to talk to the infamous Bingo!
DH is away at work till late march. When he's back, we will be doing the solar and camera. That will give me a couple of months to figure out how to post pics.
Folks from all your posts, you feel like old friends. The info you all supply is fantastic, and USABLE. DH has printed off the exact solar system that he wants from this forum, and we are so grateful.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #9
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Heck Bingo, I was just getting ready to tell her to search for you as I thought you guys had already done this.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Alwims

Heck Bingo, I was just getting ready to tell her to search for you as I thought you guys had already done this.
It is far too cold here to be doing outside mods!! Hook texted me a photo of his rig on a site in Florida with palm trees, I was very jealous!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I see what you want to do, just get or look into a "RearViewSafety" high resolution camera, about $99.00, them run cable ( they sell cable and connectors)! Go on their website. Cameras are bullet proof, them tie into your 12 volt system and your TV box or TV. Real easy ! I use mine as outside surveillance sometimes. I just got a junction box and video can be fed to any TV. Maybe $300.00 total ? Or just buy a $149.00 Drop Cam, and use your wifi to stream video and Audio to phone/IPad, then plug into your TV? Works great!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #12
HurtinAlbertan

M.O.C. #13822
Thanx Artemus. I will investigate drop cam. I'm wifi challenged, but should be able to figure out.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #13
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Here is a great place to buy high quality cameras if you don't want to go the way of the "RearViewSafety" cams. http://www.active-vision.com/security-cameras.html
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote