Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
ratfink11
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9683
Leaking Valve Stem

I recently had all my valve stems changed to metal ones. I checked my air pressures today and all stems were fine until the last one which started to leak from the schrader valve after I added air. I went to NAPA and got the valve wrench and tighten it up a little more than 1/8th of a turn. It has held air since. Will keep an eye on it for a few days and see what happens. Anyone have this problem? Would you replace it to be safe? Thanks!

ratfink11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Ratfink11,
A couple of years back I had the same problem. I didn't even know it was flat but a friend saw it and let me know. I thought I'd picked up a nail but when the tire guy checked the tire it was simply the valve. Tightened it up as well as checking all the others and it has not been a problem since. Unless your valve continues to leak I doubt you need to replace it.

I just installed a Pressure Pro Tire Monitoring System and one of the things that they warn you about is that the sensors MUST be activated for the sensor to work correctly. So far all seems to be working as they should.

Good luck and travel safely, HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote