Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Factory Repair Shops

Does Keystone have any factory repair or service centers on the West Coast other than dealer shops?

Frank

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Frank,
I have heard of people having repairs done at the Keystone (Cougar??) factory in Pendelton, Oregon.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Montana3800RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12821
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Frank,
I have heard of people having repairs done at the Keystone (Cougar??) factory in Pendelton, Oregon.
I stopped there a couple months ago and they really didn't want to even look at our trailer frame flex problems and advised to take it to an authorized repair facility caused they do not repair there, just build new. Lippert is right next door so I would of thought that they would of somewhat been interested in what was going on?
Montana3800RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We had a problem with out Montana when we were in Pendleton last summer, so we called the Montana factory to ask if we could bring our rig in for work. They said no, that they didn't do repairs, and that we should find an authorized repair center to take a look at the problem. We knew when we called, however, that the factory probably wasn't set up to do repair work.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Pendleton is a Cougar manufacturing plant first and foremost. They do not normally do repairs to Montana's there. However, I know of three cases where they repaired Montana's when the problem exceeded the normal repair center's capabilities. One was a frame flex repair (re-weld the front - it started flexing even before the owner got it home), another was to upgrade the springs on an undersized rig (no problem subsequently), and the latest was to replace the driver's side wall on a new Montana (the wall was built in Goshen and trucked to Pendleton - Oh yea that owner isn't too pleased with the work either). AFAIK, you need a referral to them from Team Montana and that occurs only after a normal repair center has examined the problem.

I am curious what problem you are having that requires a repair by the plant folks?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote