Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Kitchen Island in 3100RL

We just purchased the 3100RL with the optional 'rolling island'. The one thing that concerns us is where it will 'roll' to while we are traveling. So we wondering if any of you have found a way to secure it for travel.

The sales rep couldn't tell us how best to do that. He said to just lock the wheels or lay it down. When it is full of pots and pans I do not think I want to lay it down.

I have done a search for island in the forum but haven't found anything. So I thought I would start a new topic. If I just missed it feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Don & Claudia (Searchers) have a 3100 and a roll around cabinet from Wally World (similar to the Montana one). They describe how they secure it in this thread.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50570

They spend a lot of time in their 3100 so if you have any questions, PM or email them. They have lots of experience!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Carl_n_Susan thanks so much for taking the time to let me know about that other post from Searchers! That is a perfect idea! I knew someone would have figured it out. I love the fact that we didn't have to reinvent the wheel.

BTW...love your setup! It truly looks like home away from home! Or maybe it is 'home'!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
ALSAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12193
carol WE own a 2012 3100RL also and put the rolling cabinet between the two recliners thet face each other then lock the wheels I have made one quick stop and the cabinet did not move This model fits us and our three doge (2 labs and a golden ret ) BTW I am sitting in it right now with the dogs laying on the floor and my wife sitting on the couch reading up in the U.P. of Michigan
ALSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Great idea Alsan!!! I have to say though I am totally jealous! I wish I were sitting in mine right now. We just spent the day taking everything out of our old trailer and putting it in the garage for tomorrow nights loading marathon! I am glad to hear that there is enough room...my son is slightly smaller than a golden retriever so he could be our third dog. I had dreams last night, or should I say nightmares, that we had chosen a model too small. Most people seem to go with the 3400L so I was glad to hear from someone who likes theirs! Eased my potential buyers remorse!

I am so glad to hear that there is a safe option for the 'battering ram'. I didn't order it extra...the trailer we chose had it in there. I am glad to have it but couldn't figure out how to stow it.

Thanks again! Enjoy your time in Michigan!