Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Dimplex fireplace problem solved!

My fireplace fan would shut off after about 5 minutes even on the highest temp and I would have to shut it down and wait about 10 min for it to reset but it kept doing it, so I called Dimlex and got put on hold they said I was 13th in line for help!!! cannot wait that long man! so I went and googled the problem... BAM! people said to pull the fireplace out take off the top and bottom panels and Vacuum all the dust out of there(and there was Alot) put it back together...PROBLEM SOLVED!!! anybody out there with this problem now you know,my 5th is only a year old it's amazing how much dust and cat hair gets in there and screws things up

Old 03-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Same here! Dimplex said, unequivocably, that I needed a new heater. Cleaning the dust was a lot cheaper and fixed the problem!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
You mean you actually got through to talk to somebody??? LUCKY YOU!! yeah it is pretty easy to do and I will do it every year,One thing that I noticed when I took the fireplace out there was the subwoofer for the suround sound ,can't see much good it does stuffed into an enclosed space
Old 03-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Good info on a good post. This info has been filed away in that ever growing Montana fix filing cabinet in the back of my mind. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the fireplace out on our model. Any experience out there in MOC land with a 3750?
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I can see you fireplace Bingo and it looks like ours in my 3402 ,I was surprised how easy it is 4 SCREWS!!!! 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom in each corner, the bottom ones you have to flip down the control panel to see them and then you just slide it out and unplug it from the wall
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Our fireplace started doing the same thing on the high setting this winter; simply kick out after a few minutes. It runs okay on the low setting with no problem. Will be pulling it out to clean in the next few days. Temps here in Buckeye, AZ are running in the high 80s in the daytime and low 60s at night so the fireplace urgency became low priority.
Thank you very much for the info and update. I am sure this will also reduce the chance of any fires starting in the area.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We had the same problem on our 08 big Sky, after talking to Dimplex and while waiting for the new heating unit and fan to arrive I vacuumed the guts and got it working. While replacing that assembly I discovered that the old fan and the mew fan had totally different torque. The old fan I could stop by blowing on it, the new one would almost cut my finger tips when I tried t stop it. Several folks that replaced their heat/fan assemblies found the same situation. The original fan was a totally useless unit. Granted removing the dust helped us the unit producing heat while the replacement was shipped but the replacement has never failed to rotate for any reason. and it has been 4 yrs since we got the new assembly...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #8
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
My unit did the same thing after only a year old and I replaced the heating unit all together. A couple weeks ago it did the same thing, and they are sending another heating element to me for the fix as it's still under warranty. But I will look into the dust situation when I pull this one out. Thanks

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote