Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Graphics Replacements

My 2006 Monty has the usual peeling graphics. So far, my Montana dealer has not responded with anything to replace them. Burlington also punted--not doing that any more. So I am work with a local graphics shop for a premium vinyl vehicle graphics. We will do the mountain scenes on both sides first--cost $440 per side. Anyone tried this with custom made vinyl vehicle graphics? This includes $40 for custom artwork from my .jpg photo.

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Yep - I just had custom decals on nose and driver's side installed last fall in AZ. I sent them photos and some samples and they recreated the stock decals. Did an excellent job and the decals look much better than the crap from Burlington. Now I'm just waiting for the curb side decals to start peeling.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
If mine start to peel, I'm going to have them painted on! There are plenty of starving artists out in the area that would be happy to do the graphics in paint with a clear coat instead of plastic and glue!
When Arum was still with Montana we were talking at one of the factory tours and I told him if my graphics went bad I'd be heading to Colorado for new ones. He's asked "Why?" I told him because my mountains on the Montana are the same as on the Coors beer labels and I'd have them put one of their graphics on the nose of the Monte and I'd get paid by them to advertise for them too. He said" You wouldn't do that?" then looked at me and said "Yeh, you would Ron!"" We both laughed!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by timandsusan

My 2006 Monty has the usual peeling graphics. So far, my Montana dealer has not responded with anything to replace them. Burlington also punted--not doing that any more. So I am work with a local graphics shop for a premium vinyl vehicle graphics. We will do the mountain scenes on both sides first--cost $440 per side. Anyone tried this with custom made vinyl vehicle graphics? This includes $40 for custom artwork from my .jpg photo.
We were going to do just that on our 06 3400.A local graphic shop could reproduce any Graphic we wanted and the quality would be much better. we decided on a new Rv instead.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
I have a photo somewhere of a Monty I saw last summer. It had been thru a storm and the guy collected a pretty good insurance check. His son was in the graphics business. They repainted the entire coach to match his truck color, and made new graphics in corresponding colors, emulating the original Montana log, etc. It was pretty cool.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Our theroy is WHY advertise the montana name if they don't care about it enough to put on good graphics in the first place!!!!!!! Looking at doing a 3M wrap on the montana, simple style but complete cover in two colors with custom design on the front. The place we went in Reno will remove decals, prep and replace for about 5K and will only take 3 days. For maintanence they said just use an UV protectant like 303 to maintain. By not putting a lot of design on it with ink there will be less fading and it an area goes because of sun they can replce just that area. Sounding better all the time>
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #7
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
I went back to Keystone and they sent me a diagram for my year showing part numbers for all the decals. I email the P/Ns of the ones I needed, along with pictures of the bad ones, and I got a free set of decals delivered to my home last week.
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #8
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dandt

Our theroy is WHY advertise the montana name if they don't care about it enough to put on good graphics in the first place!!!!!!! >
My thought exactly!

If (when?) mine go I'll be darned if I'll spend MY money to advertise THEIR brand.

If its on my dime then it's gonna be a design that I like.

I'll do my research and try to do something one of a kind, something wild and unique.

Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote