Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
Ozzie66

M.O.C. #33103
New Member with New 3123RL

We are Dick (Ozzie) and Jane from Gardnerville, NV. We just purchased a new 2024 Montana 3123RL, Legacy, Cobalt and could not be happier. It replaces our 2013 Redwood 31SL. We bought it sight unseen and were happy to see some nice changes Keystone made in our 2024 model as compared to 2023 and some 2024 3123RLs now at dealers. These 2024 features/decor changes are not yet shown on the Keystone website. Upgrades in our 2024 include:

1. Replaced the ceramic bowl sink with a built-in SS sink.
2. Shower enclosure is “sculpted” white with fancy Rain shower head with two lower body wash rain showers.
3. Some cabinets are special “cottage white”; build sheet lists Woodcliff decor
4. Floor is newer look “planked” as is the plank look vinyl in dining area vice the mesh look carpet.
5. Bedroom has a leather-look headboard.
6. Telescoping stair handrail vice old lift and swivel.

So, for anyone looking to purchase a 2024 Montana I would check to see if it has the above upgrades!

I have two questions that I'll ask right now: (I skimmed through the forum, and I know I might be able to find more info there):

1. Has anyone installed a Wingard Trav'ler DirecTV Sat Antenna on a 3123RL? The Winegard has a six-wire control cable and a coax sat signal cable. Where did you locate it? Where and how did you run the six-wire control cable? Does the blue sat coax in the rooftop Wingard 360 run straight thru to the entertainment center or does it run through a "Key TV" diplexer that may cause loss of signal issues? My dealer, donsrv.com, said it might take 4 to 8 to 20 hours to install it at $185/hour and was just giving me a warning before I asked them to install it (I declined). The walk-thru tech said to maybe run the six-wire control cable to the control box in the new pantry. Any comments appreciated.

2. I have the 400i solar pkg, but only one 12 RV battery. On our four-hour trip home from the dealer the battery was stone dead as the 12VDC Furrion refrigerator was left on. I'd appreciate any recommendations re Lithium batteries, brand, size, and number. Will two 100Ah lithium batteries suffice for dry camping or do I need more battery capacity with this fridge? The Dragonflies are $1,350 @, Battleborn (made in same building in Reno and identical to Dragonflies) $925 @ on Amazon or another brand like $349 Chins??? I have two Honda 2000s. Thanks!

Old 10-05-2023, 09:59 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This is a duplicate Post of https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...33#post1282233 which has many responses. Consequently this Thread is Closed.

Closed Thread