Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Adapt, improvise, discover........Do.

We left for this trip 3 months early, I had a tremendous task in still running service calls and overhauling the Monte. I easily had 3 months work to do on it, new springs, wet-bolt, wheels and tires, satellite dish, front mounted camera, three flat screen TV mountains, rear carrier, bike rack (it's holding up like a champ after repairs) lighting upgrades, 2500 watt Inverter, 6 G.C. Batteries, 3 new electronic monitors, Honda Gen extended run Mods....and on and on.
So I didn't have time to finish the portable satellite dish. Left it at home. We are at at old, very,very nice RV resort in Loveland, have an end spot where I, being a nosy busy-body can see everyone come and go, love the spot, can't get a fix on the Sat's. Nearest TV stations 50 miles away, can't get a signal, Park doesn't have cable.
I get on the Internet and call SADOUN Sat. sales. Order the Dish, tripod, and all the stuff we need, should be here Wednesday.
Sue and I were sitting on the couch staring at the front camera on the screen above the Sony (blank) screen. Not much happening there...
So, I says to myself, "Hershel, let's try and rent movies, watch on the computer, run a cable to the Sony and be all set!" Hershel never answers back, but I went with the idea. We now have a free month of Netfliks, I ran a speed test on the little Hockey-puck Sprint hotspot we have, it passed the test. So I yell at Sue to come over and see the movie on my computer. First step complete. I look in the grocery bag of cables and wires I brought to see what I could hook up the computer to the TV: nuttin honey. So I sits and thinks and thinks and sits. It came to me. I found the HDMI cable for my X-Box 360, all the men in Modern warfare II said it would be fine to use it for a while.
Then the sound would only come out of the laptop...not good.
I 'Goggled' my problem, as usual, when a person has a problem, chances are 10,000 or more people have had the same problem.
I just went into 'sounds' and I don't know, something else, on my control panel and made the HDMI the go-to-port.
Happy as a clam.. saw three movies last night, we could watch back to back movies for the next 'Free' month and never run out of movies.
Adapt, improvise, discover....Do.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
You are the MAN! I have learned so much from you and the other members here - Continue to enjoy the retirement -
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you Ron and Cathie, that was very nice to take the time to comment.
You two have fun as well
Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
But But Ozz, how do you watch the Royals???????????? They actually have respectable team this year.
Glad you have the altitude thing under control. We have had other issues, tied to the throne for a couple of days.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Oh, sorry Mike. I had a bit of that directly related to a Subway shop. We were downtown Estes, not wanting to try the various strange eating places, so we thought the Subway would be safe.... NOT.
I drifted away from the Royals when they went on strike years ago. I will miss NASCAR, but hope to find a Hooters in town to see it. But, I don't know if I can watch it without the fast foreword.
Good excuse to go there....
Hope you guys bounce back quickly.
We will be headed to the Black hills and probably Sturgis area, then on to Yellowstone area after wearing this town out.
Where will you guys be in a week or two?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Glad your "A" sickness is better. Hope you are enjoying yourself now. Working on making my surround work with TV only. I think 1 cable will do it. just working on routing it.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lsessoms

Glad your "A" sickness is better. Hope you are enjoying yourself now. Working on making my surround work with TV only. I think 1 cable will do it. just working on routing it.
Thanks Larry. I was fine as soon as we reached the bottom of Big Thompson Canyon. I've been biking all around the RV park here in Loveland.
Good luck with that, I have yet to try and hook up my stereo system after the dummy yanked all the wires from it without marking them.
Adapt...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Ozz, google Nascar & look for track views & current leaders. They have different ways to view the race on the computer!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks! I will try that. Got to get my Sunnoco fuel fix!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Ozz,

We recently upgraded our TVs to a 32" Visio in the living room and a 22" in the bedroom. They both have internet connectivity and through our air card we have been watching Netflix movies all day here in north western Wisconsin where it is cold! We'll be headed back to Goshen in another couple of weeks for some more work on our 5th wheel.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

Ozz,

We recently upgraded our TVs to a 32" Visio in the living room and a 22" in the bedroom. They both have internet connectivity and through our air card we have been watching Netflix movies all day here in north western Wisconsin where it is cold! We'll be headed back to Goshen in another couple of weeks for some more work on our 5th wheel.
That is interesting, the kid at the electronics store today said something about that when we were getting a longer HDMI cord, we have a 32" Sony Bravia in the living room.
How the heck do you get it direct to the TV?
I'll Goggle it and see if I can understand it. I almost called you, as I deem you one of the smartest...and nicest peep I know. But we fumbled around and got it to work , but I am interested in the direct computer deal.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
The TV, from Vizio has built-in internet and other apps including one from Netflix. You sign up with Netflix on your computer and then either send a movie you choose while browsing with your computer to the Instant Queue of the TV or browse from your TV (we prefer to browse from the computer). The movie is not downloaded to your computer but rather is streamed to your TV.

However, there is a way to fling certain videos from the web, including almost all of the YouTube videos to your TV wirelessly from your computer. And you can...there is no end to what can be done nowadays.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz the DW won't let me go to Hooters to watch nascar WELL she won't let me go at all I don't understand that!!! Hang in there buddy sound like your suffering is allmost over. LOL
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I will fool around with it, maybe I can figure something out.
Bobbie, when push comes to shove and it's time, I will probably be given a project to do around the T-house...
I've been riding my bike around the C.G., license plates from all the hot places in the country.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Have a great trip to S.D. Made the trip from Loveland/Ft. Collins area to Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands etc. a few years ago and it was just incredible! Gotta do it again with the Monty...
Old 06-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, always good to know it will be a good experience, especially if you haven't done it before.