Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
"Solar for Dummies" I need a book like this

I want to add solar to my Monty, and I'm a pretty competent DIYer. The problem is, I really don't know where to start with system design, and parts/supplies aquisition. I'm looking to add enough to power things while we normally use boondocking. Things like lights (I'm entirely LED), water pump, furnace fan and satellite TV. I know A/C is out of the question, but I'm thinking a 2500W PSW inverter would probably cover everything else we typically use. I currently have 2 6V batteries, but I'm assuming I would need 2 more.
Sooooo...Is there a "Solar for Dummies" place to start designing my system? Thanks all!
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote