Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
AirForce75

M.O.C. #8944
Newbies from TN

Hi Everyone, we've had our 03 2955 for 4 months and have a grand total of 13 nights in it! Several short trips to work the kinks out and do some serios 'learnin' about camping in a 5er.

I'm wanting to find a 'Chiltons' type book for our rig, but the salesman didn't know where I could get one, and suggested this site. Does Keystone produce one? I'm fairly handy with repairs and do it yourself type projects, but I would really like to have more detailed info than what is provided in the owners binder we were given.
Thanks, look forward to many years in our 'new' Montana, apply named by my wife as: "Going There"

AirForce75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Mike, This forum is about as close to a Chiltons as you are going to get. There are some generic "RV Repair" books on the market but nothing specific. Simple fact is, there aren't any. I think they do it on purpose so you will support your dealer. I have learned more from this forum in the last 18 months than anywhere else. If you have a question or problem, just post it under appropriate thread and you are sure to get a response almost immediately, need pictures? Just ask. Welcome to the forum from another AF buddy '66-'86.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #3
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Ask and Ye shall receive...an answer from some of the wisest people in RVing. I don't believe there has been a question asked yet that has not had an adequate answer.
Welcome Mike and feel free to post any question. We'll look forward to it.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
As stated this Forum is best for specific items about the Montana. I have a Trailer Life's RV Repair & Maintenance Manual ISBN 0-934798-70-2 that covers the basic concept of maintenance and helps to point me in the correct direction. I am sure there is a later edition.
Welcome to the Forum.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I wish there were a manual. The requirement for gaining info is regular attention to this forum and asking questions. Then you need not only to be handy, but also good at puzzles because keeping an rv together is puzzling sometimes.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Hello AirForce,

Just to add that we owned a 2002 2955RL for five years and traveled in it over 50,000 miles. If you ever have a specific question about this model, I'll try to help.

The 2955 was our preferred model of the Montana. We call ourselves "travelers" (not full timers and never will be), so we wanted a trailer in the size of the 2955RL.

Hope your experience is as pleasant as ours was.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:30 AM   #7
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Mike, indeed this forum is excellent.I know very little about the Montana workings and maintenance and between this forum, rallys, and individual research on the various companies that support the Montana line, answers are there. If your 2003 model is your first, I attached a Keystone website element that allows you to download or view the owners manual. It is general in nature but may assist you. Also the Montana Owners site, by clicking Home above has great resources. Good Luck and enjoy. The forum is helpful, concerned and always here to help us all. Dennis

http://www.keystone-montana.com/index.html?page=service
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:31 AM   #8
jaleepadgett
Established Member

M.O.C. #8402
We bought our 2955RL in April and this forum has saved us many times. I have not found a manual like you described. Mostly generic stuff. I ask questions here and I keep a notebook about where those fuses and breakers are and winterizing and other stuff. Memory is not what it used to be. I have learned a lot here and avoided expensive and potentially dangerous mistakes. ( hooking up the fifth wheel). Good luck and welcome to the best RV forum on the web.
James Jan and Zoe Lee
jaleepadgett is offline   Reply With Quote