Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
dennisl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7484
Water issue

We have a Mountaineer 307RKD which is parked in our back yard when not in use. We do not have room for a shed to park it under. I have noticed a few times that when I hook it up to move it, water runs out from under the bottom. It must be from rain water which collects under the skirting when water runs down the side of the trailer. I do not believe it is from a plumbing/drain problem because there was no water in the lines since I winterized it in November. Is it normal for there to be some water "runoff" in this situation? Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
I don't think it is normal. I had some of that on my 05 Montana and never could find where it was coming from. Not much water but enough to be concerned about. My 09 doesn't have that issue yet.

One possibility to check - At one time I had a fresh water tank hose leak which caused a similar issue. I would go to move the camper after I had used it and the water would slosh out the back. It was pooling on top of the basement cover. WHen I put water in it at home, I had the water issue too, even after setting for a month or so.
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
If you know where it is collecting in a low spot underneath you could drill a small hole to let it drain out so it doesn't collect until you find and fix the problem permanently.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
BigBoy

M.O.C. #8252
What a coincidence. I just experienced the same issue for the first time with our 2008 3605RL. I pulled our unit home from our indoor storage, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. A few days later I took it to have the wheel bearings repacked, and again nothing. That night I de-winterized to prepare for a short weekend trip. It rained hard the following day. The day after it rained, we pulled down off the leveling blocks to leave on our trip, and maybe 2 gallons of water ran out between the skirting & frame beneath the convenience center. I was shocked. We went ahead to our destination, fully expecting to troubleshoot a leak. We were hooked up to city water for 2 days, filled the gray & black tanks, and had 16 hrs of rain. Lo and behold absolutely no signs of water leakage anywhere. I have checked every square inch of the beast and nothing. That water came from someplace and I just can't shrug it off as a a freak incident. If you find out where your water came from, please post back with the info.
BigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote