Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Escapees E Mail

If you have an escapees email account, be aware that an email was sent out this morning asking you to send back your password in 48 hours or your account would be removed.

Talked with Escapees and it is SPAM. They DID NOT send it out. Just delete it from your email account.

Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks Myrna, I generally wouldn't respond to such an email but you never know when I might get suckered in
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Myrna,
Thanks. I haven't received mine yet but I NEVER respond to such items. Ever since I became aware of them some years back. A reputable outfit would never request such information. You just have to be very careful when someone wants you to send in this sort of info.

Best to you and Bob and thanks again for the warning.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Did not get that..But we do not have a Escapee's E mail account. Could be a identy theft attempt and going out to folks Who have a Escapee's account... Sounds like they may have been hacked... Hope thay are taking a look at their computer security.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
I didn't get it either, so it seems random. When we called Escapees at 8:30 they had quite a few calls about it already. I just wish the people doing it would use their talents in a more productive way. One that doesn't hurt anybody.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
I have an Escapees email account which is forwarded to my @gmail account. I only get SPAM on it now, so I recently learned how to access the account to turn off forwarding.

Even though Escapees no longer supports the email system, you can still access the account by going to http://mail.escapees.com/ Log on using your username and password, then go to Preferences/General User Settings. Remove the forwarding address.

Future messages will not be forwarded, and if the inbox fills up the server will automatically delete the account.

If you still want to receive messages sent to the Escapees email account, configure e-mail client software such as Outlook to check your mail.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Between this warning and an earlier warning from an MOC admin about a spam email, I have been receiving email for friends, family and reputable companies that I have associated with about things like this - passwords, money to send me and other crap like that.

I don't know what's happened recently but in the last three months, I have received so many of these it's very hard to trust even serious emails. Everyone must now beware that all email even from trusted sources be taken very seriously when asking for ANY personal information. These are going past my SPAM, JUNK and other security checks I have in place because they are coming from known sources that I have entrusted to email. The junkers and spammers are scanning our mailing lists to acquire our thought-to-be-secure address books. I have had 4 very close friends and family who have had their accounts hacked and one of them was a very proficient computer expert. Everyone must be very careful! These folks are getting very clever.

Be careful all!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote