Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Electrical

HI All I have another questions? Since the power goes out here in the Picacho Area of Arizona often in the summer, I have been reshearching Generators. A Contrator that works for our company, told my of a Digital Invertor Generator. The 3300 Watt, put out a wave that is steady and can run larger appliances, so it states. It sounds like it will run at least one A/C and computor and TV. Has anyone got one what can you tell me about the performance and how much noise do they make. It has a 3.5 gal tank, weights 127 pds. will run 12 hrs full load. on a tank of gas. Any info appreciated. thanks.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by randye

HI All I have another questions? Since the power goes out here in the Picacho Area of Arizona often in the summer, I have been reshearching Generators. A Contrator that works for our company, told my of a Digital Invertor Generator. The 3300 Watt, put out a wave that is steady and can run larger appliances, so it states. It sounds like it will run at least one A/C and computor and TV. Has anyone got one what can you tell me about the performance and how much noise do they make. It has a 3.5 gal tank, weights 127 pds. will run 12 hrs full load. on a tank of gas. Any info appreciated. thanks.
I don't know anything about this generator, but the weight gives me a problem since I have to get the generator out of the truck onto the ground and vice versa.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #3
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
There are many here who have the Honda and Yamaha Inverter type generators, and I am sure they will be along soon to let you know how they work. Each time I have seen them in operation they are much quieter than a normal contractor type generator. And from what I hear the Inverter type is what you want to operate the sensitive electrical equipment in our rigs such as LCD/Plasma TVs, Microwave, Computers, etc...
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Orv There is a model that is the same output, and it is only 70pds. They produce it because it is a little lighter. So for those who need to lift it in or out of a pickup can. Thought I would let you know. the cost of these units are at a great price. the Company has been produceing these for seven years and they are a German Design.MOST PERFECT SINE WAVE OF ALL PORTABLE UNITS. Of coarse this model does have the eletric start. You can add it but would be more weight,because of the battery. The other heavier model has the electric start and remote start. That is the only differents. As I may have stated in the first thread, a contractor friend that is a weekender has one and is very happy with the constant power, he had a dual honda and once a yamaha and this one unit does what the two 2000 watt units did. Still has a more constant wave, no surges.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Is it a top secret brand, or can we possibly have a clue as to what manufacturer and model numbers we are supposed to be commenting on??? I have botha Kipor 3000 and a Honda 2000. The Kipor will run a 13500 A/C, the Honda runs my 7500 BTU A/C on the boat. Both of these are extremely quiet.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I am probably going to be a dealer and if I let this out now you all will go passed me and buy from the Manufacturing Co. I hope to be able to buy low enough to offer them at a lower price than they do and still make a small profit, to at least pay for my unit. So for the time being, let me keep my secret and see what the machine will or won't do to see if they would be a benifit for MOC Members.thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
I will be watching for it. At only 70lbs, if it can run a 15,000 BTU AC I might take a look. As for now I will just keep using my Honda 2000.

PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sounds something like the Boliy that we discussed a couple of years ago here on the forum when I was looking at the Kipor. Since no one on the forum had heard of that brand at that time, I shied away since I did not want to be the $1000 guinea pig. The Boliy does have good specs, and I for one would definitely be interested in knowing how it or a similar model performs. Keep us informed please.

On edit: The Boliy specs can be seen on OhioKipor.com (not a recommendation ot endorsement, just stating knowledge of a web-site).
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
My unit is going to be here, earliest Wensday the 20th or latest 22th and I intend to put it to the test on the 25th and 26th we have those two days off. My Contractor freind has been using one for almost a year on weekends and hloidays, goes 200 miles in different directions with his trailer and dry camps two nights using this model. He says he would never go back to anything else, unless the other brands go to making them Digital. We shall see. Update next week.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi Rich and Kathy, The unit that is 70 pds is w/o elec start, must be pull started. Same power rating and very compact. They want $1399.77regularly and special now only $1099.77 for it I will try and buy enough of them to break that price lower. I must buy at least five to get a break. They haven't told me how much yet. I still want to put it under a heavy load and see what it will hold up to. I will let you know how the testing goes. thanks for the interest. randye
Old 01-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
AVTravler
Established Member

M.O.C. #8993
I purchased the "BOILY Pro 3600Si" in May 2009 from "Disafter", a division of "Bottom Line Trading Inc." (http://www.bottomlinetrading.com/disafter.html)
The unit cost me $1,099.77 and this included shipping to my home.
The unit weighs 76 pounds, and the decibel level is between 53-58 dB.
I have the manual start unit and it starts very easy. It's rated output is 3,000 watts with a maximum output of 3,300 watts. It has a 30amp RV outlet, plus a 110v outlet, and a 12v battery charging outlet. I only use it for emergency use and when on the road for running my air compressor. It has been an excellent generator for the money. I definatly would purchase another one. I have NO connection with the manufacture or the selling dealer.
NOTE: Please stay away from Contractor Generators, the noise of most will irk many of your neighbors as they are quit noisy.
AVTravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #12
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Great to hear of someone who has tried one of thier products. I got the model with the electric start, so it weights 127 pds. It will take more mussle to move, it sounds like it will do the job. Fedx is slow. I ordered it on the 16th and it didn't ship until the 20th, out of Austin Tx, it was over night in Fortworth Tx. Tracking says its on the road again as of 2:51 am this Morn. Delivery date is set for Tuesday the 26th. I will be putting it the test,to see just how much it can handle.I will post an update here as soon as I know something. Thanks.