Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Newbies

Hello to all of you,
I signed up to your club last week after some reading. My company told me if I wanted to stay working for them "I,d better learn how to back a bag". So my wife growing up on the road saw an opportunity and we took it. We bought a 2006 F350 King Ranch DRW 4X4 PSD CC and a 2006 Montana 3650RK last week and are very excited for my first location coming this week so we can hit the road! BTW we sold the house and will be FT. It all happened so fast hope I made a good decision with the rig. Sorry for the long post and Love your site.

junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Welcome. It's a lifestyle that you either learn to love or to dislike. I haven't run into anyone yet who really doesn't like the lifestyle. We've been full time going on nine years and have never looked back. My wife says that she intends to remain in the Montana the rest of her life. For one thing, housekeeping is a snap. And you make so many new friends. Again, Welcome.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 AM   #3
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Welcome to The Forum...anything you want to know about your Monty, you'll find out here!! Good luck to you in your full time lifestyle. We're looking forward to the lifestyle as soon as our house sells...which we're hoping will be soon...before fall so we can become snowbirds!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Welcome, folks. This is a great lifestyle and we feel that you will find this out very soon. We are long timers, not full timers, but spend more time in the Montana than the stick house. The house is really a way to let the kids and grandkids know that we are nearby while we explore our great country and live our dream. Also, there is no need appologize for the length of your posts. If you have something to say, post it and people of like minds will be able to see it and possibly respond. Enjoy!
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
I appreciate the great responses so far. I guess we are full timers since we will be living in it year round for at least the next few years. As soon as I learn the computer more I will post a pic of our rig if you all would like. Might need some help though.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
First, you post wasn't long. Welcome to the forum!! Welcome to full timing. There are a few minuses, but mostly pluses in this lifestyle. Good people on the road (a few bad apples). This is the best place to get good info on a great RV from great folks. Happy RVing/full timing..................................
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Welcome to the MOC forum! We loved your story--nothing like cutting straight to the chase and jumping into RVing without spending months, if not years, debating this floor plan vs. that floor plan, and this TV* (tow vehicle) vs. that TV. I'm sorry that you missed the fun and AGONY of debating the merits of various plans, trucks, etc., but the plus side is that you get to start having fun immediately. Sweet.

You'll soon discover that nearly any question you have can be answered here on the board, and answered by people who will bend over backwards to help you any way they can. The help doesn't come just through the internet, either. Time after time I've read a post from someone who needs help with a problem, and then read a follow-up post asking "Where are you? I'm headed toward [destination] and I'll swing by to help you [do whatever]." There always seems to be a fellow MOC member in the area, but if not, you'll get some immediate suggestions here on the MOC board about where to take your truck/RV for service or suggestions beginning with "I had the same problem . . . you might try . . . " I can't tell you how many things we've fixed or adjusted after getting help through the MOC, saving us a trip to a dealership.

Again, welcome to MOC. It's home for us!

Carolyn

* You may already know that TV stood for "tow vehicle," but I didn't when we first joined MOC. Until I figured it out, I thought the reference was to televisions. If you go to "HOME" on the forum, you'll find a wealth of info, including a link for "Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Initialisms." You will also find links to help you get the technical stuff done (avatar posting, photos, inserting links, etc.). And, you can always just post your question about such things and quickly get help.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Welcome! I'm an S.O.B myself, but that's another story. I had been with the same vehicle you have except the year was 2005. Great truck! I'd buy one again just like it. You should have no problems pulling whatever you want to pull in the RV line.

This is a great forum and there are many people who have experienced many things. And, 99 and 99/100 percent of their answers to questions you may have will help you in the decision making process. Sometimes 100%. Lots of good folks. Lots of good questions, and lots of good answers. There are no dumb questions.

Enjoy your new lifestyle. Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Welcome to "THE BEST DARNED FORUM ON THE WWW". As most have said, there are no questions that can't be answered here on this forum. Two years ago my wife and I bought our trailer and took off from Alaska, never looked back and this is our one and only RV.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote