Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Geocaching
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Whaddy get when....

You cross a Cow with an alien? and a few 2x4 scraps under a pile of lumber, a slightly deranged Montana owner, and an idea for a Geocache???
I glued 2 2x4's together for the skull, then used the belt sander to ground it out. The horns were also ground out with a belt sander.
It is now nestled in a tree close to Indian School Road and I-10.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Ohhhh that is SOOOOO COOL!!! You are so clever! I wish I could make that my first geocache! I never did get a chance to talk to anyone about the process at the Q. I think I will just have to figure it out on my own up here in Billings! Great job on the 'alien cow'!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Whaddy get when....? You get an ole, frustrated, semi retired HVAC guy from KC. Know you are enjoying your winter recess in the desert. Hit 70 in KC yesterday and we are now getting some much needed rain. Predicting snow for tomorrow mornings rush hour. Jim
Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BusyCarol

Ohhhh that is SOOOOO COOL!!! You are so clever! I wish I could make that my first geocache! I never did get a chance to talk to anyone about the process at the Q. I think I will just have to figure it out on my own up here in Billings! Great job on the 'alien cow'!
Try this one, it is a simple 'Park and Grab' near you.
Click on the map to the right and it will show all of them in the area
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=72014ea4-110a-42ef-98e6-9a15ecde102c
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Whaddy get when....? You get an ole, frustrated, semi retired HVAC guy from KC. Know you are enjoying your winter recess in the desert. Hit 70 in KC yesterday and we are now getting some much needed rain. Predicting snow for tomorrow mornings rush hour. Jim
Glad winter is kind to you this year...so far.
I still get service calls on my phone, I have a guy back there covering for me. It is nice to know I don't have to go out. Years of 'On call' 24-7 365 is no picnic.
Take care Jim.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Well...Ozz...I DID IT!!!! The one you sent me to looks like this:

Can you tell by the look on my face that I LOVED IT!!! I found it using my phone app (that many MOC members recommended to me). I walked right to the tree, but then was distracted by the HUGE owl in another tree! My son yelled, 'Mommy look at the owl!' Then it got dark and dummy me wasn't expecting it to be camouflaged! DUH! Found it after meandering around a bit. Did I mention it was 14 degrees outside and just getting dark outside? It was so much FUN!

This will give all of you geocachers a good laugh:

The clue was 'eert'....so what did I do....I wanted to see how decrypt worked on my phone....and it came up with rreg! Okay...you all know that I am a natural blonde so I have a handicap!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
fulltimerv
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13143
So if I find it I can have it?
fulltimerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I think Ozz should make them as 'hood ornaments' for every MOC member! Kind of like the Texas longhorns on the front of cadillacs!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Now you need to work on a "horse's behind" for a complete farm set
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BusyCarol

Well...Ozz...I DID IT!!!! The one you sent me to looks like this:

Can you tell by the look on my face that I LOVED IT!!! I found it using my phone app (that many MOC members recommended to me). I walked right to the tree, but then was distracted by the HUGE owl in another tree! My son yelled, 'Mommy look at the owl!' Then it got dark and dummy me wasn't expecting it to be camouflaged! DUH! Found it after meandering around a bit. Did I mention it was 14 degrees outside and just getting dark outside? It was so much FUN!

This will give all of you geocachers a good laugh:

The clue was 'eert'....so what did I do....I wanted to see how decrypt worked on my phone....and it came up with rreg! Okay...you all know that I am a natural blonde so I have a handicap!
Yeaaaa! YOur first. I'm glad you had fun, It is great your son was with you, he will love the finds also. You have a great smile. or, it that your teeth chattering??
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Andrew LOVED it! He loves maps and he wants to do the navigating on the next one. He was so excited we got to use a compass! It was just a little too cold on this one. As for the smile...thank you! It was probably me gritting my teeth to keep them from freezing! If you have ever experienced 'real cold' you know what I mean when I say when the wind hits your smile it physically hurts!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

You cross a Cow with an alien? and a few 2x4 scraps under a pile of lumber, a slightly deranged Montana owner, and an idea for a Geocache???
I glued 2 2x4's together for the skull, then used the belt sander to ground it out. The horns were also ground out with a belt sander.
It is now nestled in a tree close to Indian School Road and I-10.

I'd call that "faux taxidermy" Nice job!
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good call! Thanks.