Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Spots appeared -- update

Well, some dark spots appeared on our day/night shades. There are none on the day shade portion, but several spots on the night portion of some shades. I am guessing that it is bugs flying around at night and leaving their calling card.

Has anyone else experienced this blight and, if so, what did you clean it with that worked. I have tried both a mild solution of Awesome and Oxiclean spot removal spray. I got significantly lighter spots, but a shadow remains.

For Big Sky owners with the vertical blinds, are you experiencing wear and dirtiness of the bottoms of the blinds. How do you clean them. Taking them down and soaking them may be an answer, but that would be such a hassle.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Al successfully cleaned some food splatters off of one of our shades (the day portion) with Oxiclean. He used the powdered kind, mixed with a bit of water. I don't remember if he just put some on the shade or sprayed it on. But, he let it stand and soak in, then cleaned with fresh water and us used a lot of paper towel behind to blot up everything.

I do not see any "ring" or water mark, which shocked me.

After cleaning, I put the blinds UP for a good 12 hours, so that the pleats would dry and not lose the sharp edges. Seems to have worked.

I have been using a Texas cowgirl felt hat brush to clean my shades, it is long and thin, not too rough or tough for the delicate blinds. Just brush away. They are not totally clean, nope, but, it is an improvement.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, I've never seen that on any of our shades and we've had this kind of shade since January 2001.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The good news is that after treating with Awesome and Oxiclean Laundry Stain Remover spray, then letting it dry over night, the spots can clean. Only on one blind did we even find a dim shadow of the former very dark spots.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote