Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
Mail forwarding service that sorts your mail?

Somewhere in some magazine I read about a forwarding servicing that will sort thru your mail and only send the important stuff. Anyone know which service that is?

osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Has anyone used Good Sam's forwarding service?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Escapees has such a service.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Check out the Escapees RV Club Mail Service.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:29 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you are a fulltimer receiving your mail is a whole different story..However..if you are a long timer as we are, That is on the road 6/7 months of the year the post office mail forwarding service CAN work just fine. You really have to understand how it work and the folks at your local post office have to understand how it work and you have to be very careful that you fill out the proper paperwork in the proper manner. We had a mail forwarding nightmare last winter because we collectively messed up. This winter after a learning experience everything is as smooth as silk and it cost nothing. We get our mail in 3 days. Ohio to Florida.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Alternative Resources will do that. www.alternativeresources.net .

We chose to NOT have them do that since I don't know anyone who can tell for sure what is truly junk and what I might want. Like maybe I'm looking for a credit card offer for cashback or zero percent. And it goes out as junk. So long as you understand what you're getting, it's fine, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #7
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
We have Americas mailbox for 3 years now and really like the service

http://www.americas-mailbox.com/
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have a very cooperative local postmistress who pull out the junk and sends us the rest. It probably helps to live in a small town though, and be on good terms with you local post office.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
John and Donna,

How lucky can you get!? Very few folks are so fortunate. But isn't it nice to have such an arrangement. Small towns can work in your favor!

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Not sure which one I will go with. But America's mailbox sounds interesting and reasonable. I read all the nightmares from the other link and I really got scared. Thanks for the info. I will decide this week and we will out of here and headed south by the weekend.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rich did scare a lot of people when he posted the mail forwarding problem he had last year but as he said in his post he got that all ironed out and it is going good this year! As several have said, if you're from a small town and know your postmaster/mistress or your individual letter carrier, it can be a breeze! If you talk to your letter carrier, in most case, he or she will be happy to work with you and send on your mail. You just have to give him/her some locations where you want it sent and they should send you mail to you as you wish! You do realize, however, that they cannot send bulk rate mail to you unless you pay for that and that can be arranged also by leaving prepaid envelopes for the carrier to send what ever mail is not forwardable. Also remember forwarding of magazines is only good for 90 days or so. If you want them forwarded over the 90 days you'll have to have them put in the prepaid envelopes also! Talk to you letter carrier and see if something can be arranged rather than paying some stranger to forward you mail for you! I speak from experience since I'm a retired letter carrier!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:46 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Last year we did have a nightmare with the USPS mail forwarding. The USPS service works perfectly if it is done correctly. First I filled the forms out on line and being a retired federal Employee I should have known better. On a temporary change of address you always need to indicate a stop date. The on line form was "weasel worded " in that area. Adding to the problem was a well meaning substitute mail carrier who mistakenly thought we had moved. Our regular carrier knew better. Go to your local post office and talk to the supervisor who will have the time to insure you fill out the proper forms.It works perfectly if done right, is free and speedy. Note that many magazines can be put on hold while you are wintering or can be viewed on line. My posting last year was a attempt to make folks aware that a mistake can be disastrous and that can be said for any mail forwarding service.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #13
Diamond
Established Member

M.O.C. #715
We have been using Escapees Mail Service for almost 4 years and would highly recommend. Just last month we finally were able to tour the mail facility at their Escapees headquarters in Livingston, TX and it is very impressive. They get a US Mail semi-truck in every morning full of mail for their clients, and actually sort more mail for the Escapees than the post office does for all of Livingston. Escapees even has their own zip code, they have so many mail service clients. There are 3 different levels of mail sorting, and you decide which level is right for you. They send an email when your mail goes out with address confirmation and cost so you can stay on top of. Can't say enough good things about their service!
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #14
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Ruth & Jack,
What is the mail box zip code for Escapees, I want to see what the change will do for our insurance?

Thnaks in advance,
Dick Driver
hifiverdriver@yahoo.com

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Diamond

We have been using Escapees Mail Service for almost 4 years and would highly recommend. Just last month we finally were able to tour the mail facility at their Escapees headquarters in Livingston, TX and it is very impressive. They get a US Mail semi-truck in every morning full of mail for their clients, and actually sort more mail for the Escapees than the post office does for all of Livingston. Escapees even has their own zip code, they have so many mail service clients. There are 3 different levels of mail sorting, and you decide which level is right for you. They send an email when your mail goes out with address confirmation and cost so you can stay on top of. Can't say enough good things about their service!
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I don't think Good Sam has a forwarding service. I can't find it.

Dick Driver

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by osofine

Has anyone used Good Sam's forwarding service?
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #16
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
[quote]Originally posted by rldriver

Ruth & Jack,
What is the mail box zip code for Escapees, I want to see what the change will do for our insurance?

Thnaks in advance,
Dick Driver
hifiverdriver@yahoo.com

bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Escapees is Livingston, TX 77351

Alternative Resources will sort your mail sort your mail and throw the junk if you request it. They have been great for us and you will not find a better insurance rate..

Sioux Falls, SD 57106
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #18
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We have had serious problems with the USPS for several years and finally got a box at our local UPS Store. This gives us an address and not a box number and I call them on a regular basis and they go through the mail with me and send what we want. They send it UPS so we can get it overnight if important and ground service if not needed immediately. They can send it to anywhere. We are very happy with their service.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #19
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
We have been using www.myrvmail.com for over a year and a half an really like it. They will trash any mail you don't want. You can go to the website and view your mail and call them on an 800 number to have it sent to where ever you want. One option, for two or three dollars a month, allows you to view, trash and have your mail sent online. It is based in Crestview, Florida. There are also various ways to have your mail sent.

Check them out.
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 AM   #20
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Can't add anything new, but just back-up what every one else is saying. We went on a long trip over this past summer and used the Escapees mail service and it worked like a dream including no junk mail. This winter we are staying in one place and have used the USPS and it is working very well. It just depends upon your individual situation as to what system will be best for you. Good luck and happy trails
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote