Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
And We're glad we did!

Hello All...,many thanks for the all the well wishes on our previous topic (we did it!). We just completed our week in the rental motor home with our two furrie kids.....and it just confirmed that our decision on buying the Big Sky was the right one. We signed the papers last Friday on our way to Lake Champlain Vermont.....the kids were absolutely wonderful, took to camping life very well. They weren't crazy about the ride in the motor home...it was very noisy and bouncy.....took them awhile to settle down....but they were truely great in campgrounds...no barking....loved going on walks and meeting so many great people. It really was a good time....the motor home (a 31 ft Four Winds, Chateau Sport) was bit small with two 50lb dogs...constantly walking over or around them...but we managed and now we can't wait to use our 5er.

So with our Big Sky needing a place to sit, tomorrow we are going to check out a campground where we can use her the rest of the season and have it as home base til we get to our retirement age......at first we were trying for early retirement next year but after careful evaluation of the financials looks like we're going to have to wait til 2011. That really isn't a bad thing...we get used to our rig and do the things we want to get her ready for full timing, so we are just going to smile every weekend we get away!

Once again, thanks for all your well wishes...it's now official we are Montana Owners, 2008 Big Sky 340 RLQ and glad to be here!
I'm sure we're going to have many questions....I just love this website, I have learned many things cruising around the topics and will probably learn many more.

By the way, not sure I ever really introduced us....We are Betty and Paul Bahlin, we live in Western Massachusetts (for the moment, eh?) with our two Soft Coated Wheaton Terriers, Boyd and Kelly. I work as a Sales Account Rep and Paul teaches 7th grad Math in an inner-city school (career changer).
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote