Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Leaky Shower, 2'nd time

When we got our 2955 the first time we used the shower it flooded the storage compartment. We took it back and it was fixed by the stealership. Apparently they fixed this with an extra dab of plumbers putty and nothing else cause it's leaking like crazy.

I remember seeing posts here giving details on how to fix this properly but they have all apparently expired and gone to the great archive in the sky.

So here's my question. I took the drain assembley apart and there was no rubber washer on the underside of the shower pan, no goop, no seal, nothing. Should there be nice cushy rubber washer between the retainer nut and the underside of the shower like there would be in a residental drain? I kinda sorta remember reading that parts may have been left out during assembley.

Thanks,
Muddypaws
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote