Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #201
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Well, we're up to 20 pages now, and maybe Dometic are begining to get the message. They sent me a replacement remote system, but I have no enthusiasm to install it. Even if it worked perfectly as designed, I just don't want the stupid thing. I think I'll have another go at getting a CCC from them, maybe I'll send some to this to my dealer and see if they can get me a CCC as described here earlier. Thanks to all contributors to this thread. (and few other similar threads along the way).

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:53 AM   #202
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Well I can finally put this post to bed for us.
Having worked with Al and Bob at Dometic, and trying everything they have ask me to do.
They are sending me a new CCC unit to replace my old system.
The strangest thing is last weekend our friends the Potvin who just traded up and bought a 3400RL like ours (build date 2/2005 and 6/2005) set his remotes set-up to 72degrees on the air conditioner and it stayed at 72 degrees, but the system cycled every two minutes but it stayed at 72 degrees where we went down to 59 degrees.
So go figure.
But thank you Al at Dometic.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #203
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Broome101

I didn't try to get sent directly. Rig is getting other things tweaked so had the service manager take care of it. I figured it would go faster and easier that way, as some have had problems on there own. Also I am not full timing so not a problem having it tied up at dealers.

Ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #204
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Oops Broome

I just realized your post was not directed to me. Have to get used to this forum stuff.

Ken
Old 07-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #205
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Ken,
That is OK, I reason I am doing it myself is that the dealer is about 80 miles away and I just traded trucks so no hitch for a couple of weeks.
Thanks
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #206
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Well the upgrade kit (ccc) was received today at 11am.

But it seems they did not include a new probe.. Did they screw up or can the old probe be used? The guy working on this was off because of personal reasons and I told them to wait as i was under impression that the probe had to be changed also. Am I mistaken? Does anyone know? It took them several days last time for domestic to get back to them (big back log on call backs)
Old 07-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #207
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by keham

Well the upgrade kit (ccc) was received today at 11am.

But it seems they did not include a new probe.. Did they screw up or can the old probe be used? The guy working on this was off because of personal reasons and I told them to wait as i was under impression that the probe had to be changed also. Am I mistaken? Does anyone know? It took them several days last time for domestic to get back to them (big back log on call backs)
Ken. The freeze guard probe is different on the CCC system, and must be changed.
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:13 PM   #208
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Mike

Thanks! That is what I thought.

ken
Old 07-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #209
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
I got the same results as Parrothead. I sent an email to Dometic, & within 2 hours got a call from their customer service dept. I was polite, but firm in telling the rep of our problems with the IR remote - 6 months of trying to make it & 2 replacements work. I received the new CCC kit the very next day via UPS - and to my residence, not a dealer.

It is being installed by my dealer as I write this (could've done it myself, but thought it to be more prudent to have the dealer do it while the rig is still under warranty - & at no charge!).

I guess the moral of the story is to be keep a level head, be polite, but also be firm with them when talking to them about the problem. Going off the deep end will get you nowhere...
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #210
Montana_3869

M.O.C. #3869
When I first got my new 2006 3400RL, I was a little confused about how to use the remote, but after I found and read the directions, it's not really that hard to usse the control. It's just like the first couple of times you used the computer, TV remote, or your check card. Don't get ahead of yourself and let your emotions take over. All of these things are user friendly. Just think before you act.
Montana_3869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #211
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We replaced our remote with the Dometic DuoTherm unit back in April. It has worked great. I do not understand why they are doing it for some and not others. We had sent back three units. It sounds like some of the new ones work fine. But, reading the instructions, you shouldn't need to use the I Feel mode just to operate in normal mode. I don't believe they truly understood the problem from the start. I wish everyone well that is fighting this, but can tell you that we have spent probably forty nights with the new system with both heating and cooling and it works great.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #212
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
beegees45
If you read all the post on this thread, you will understand that many of us are/were having trouble with the remote thermostat. It is not a matter of not knowing how to use the system. The system that many of us had did not work. Many that were having problems were not tech challenged (including myself). This system was not user friendly. It was not how to use the remote. It was that the system was calibrated about 10 degrees off. We all tried different settings, replaced the remote with a new remote unit and still had problems. I am glad you are not having problems but don't assume the rest of us did not try to make the system work. We did - for months.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:43 AM   #213
Montana_3368
Established Member

M.O.C. #3368
BeeGees45

Speaking of not getting ahead of ourselves...Wait till winter!!

Montana_3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #214
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I mounted our remote unit to the wall right next to the receiver and it seems to keep things fairly even
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #215
Bud and Monti
Established Member

M.O.C. #2223
Never had any problems with ours. Ours also came with instructions on how to use it. We took a trip over to the coast and the weather gets quiet cold there at night. We set the thermostat and left it be, it worked fine came on when it should have and went off as well.
Bud and Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #216
Bud and Monti
Established Member

M.O.C. #2223
I like your idea OLDGI of mounting the remote next to the thermostat.
Loosing it would be a problem, a major problem. Would be nice to know where it is at all times
Bud and Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #217
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801

Still need a little help on the CCC unit...
Well after 6 months, the installation and failure of two remote controlled units I finally received and installed the CCC unit. I had to have my dealer get it for me.

The AC and fan works great except there is not any heat. I remember that some one else had this problem and I can't find the answer in this thread. Any ideas?

MAZEEFF, Mike, in your (great) instructions, item 8, you refereed to setting dip switch 5 to on and all others off. Where are the dip switches located? Don't tell me the furnace as that's the only place I have not looked
Thanks for any help
Dick Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #218
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rldriver

Still need a little help on the CCC unit...
Well after 6 months, the installation and failure of two remote controlled units I finally received and installed the CCC unit. I had to have my dealer get it for me.

The AC and fan works great except there is not any heat. I remember that some one else had this problem and I can't find the answer in this thread. Any ideas?

MAZEEFF, Mike, in your (great) instructions, item 8, you refereed to setting dip switch 5 to on and all others off. Where are the dip switches located? Don't tell me the furnace as that's the only place I have not looked
Thanks for any help
Dick Driver
The dip switches are located in the ceiling control unit. You will see them after you remove the metal plate on the control unit itself. The unit comes with switch 5 turned off, so this is a common mistake. After you turn the switch on, you will need to reset the unit. The reset procedure is described on page 7 of this thread. After that, the furnace will work! In the picture below, you can see the switches which are in a red block. Use a tiny screwdriver to flip #5.

mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #219
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
The dip switches are located in the ceiling control unit. You will see them after you remove the metal plate on the control unit itself. The unit comes with switch 5 turned off, so this is a common mistake. After you turn the switch on, you will need to reset the unit. After that, the furnace will work!
__________________________________________________ ___
Thanks Mike, I must need new glasses, it works fine now that I set the dip switch.

I just came up with a new idea for a use of the old remote. Mount it where it can be seen, set it for "Room" and you can check the time and the temperature in the trailer. Can also remind one of all the problems in getting the system working properly.

I only have one more problem to solve and that is repairing the hole in the ceiling where Dometic had my dealer move the old pick up unit. I think I will get right on that, maybe next week.

Thanks again Mike for your assistance,
Dick Driver
rldriver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:57 AM   #220
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We installed the new remote in our coach and have had no troubles...We us the old remote and check it for temp and time too! It came in good for something!!! LOL
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote