Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Air Conditioner

We added a second A/C in the bedroom as we find it to hot in the summer. We put the same as the factory installs

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
That second unit is nice, cools the trailer down quickly, when you kick both of them on.
We run only our bedroom unit with a fan at the top of the stairs, when it's not too hot, less noise while relaxing downstairs.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
OZZ, That's a great idea!!! Thanks, I never really thought of doing it that way, that LR AC is awful noisy......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
We already discovered using the bedroom A/C and ceiling fan combination for when we are in the living room to keep the ambient noise done so we don't have the t.v. blasting and disturbing the neighbors. When we go to bed we turn off the bedroom A/C and turn on the LR unit and that seems to work well, thus far. I have discovered that having the bedroom A/C on when I'm trying to sleep is a "no go" as I feel like my brains are vibrating!

Having the dual A/Cs will also come in handy when we have "guests" whose cooling preferences may be different than ours and (as we've discovered from the Class As) when the privacy door is closed between the bedroom and LR with just one unit keeping the temperatures at a reasonable level is impossible.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Those new MONTANA'S have their AC's all vented as I understand. Now that would really hold the noise down in both the LV and Bdrm. That is a great feature and one that I would really consider as a reason to trade. especially if I were going to go full time. The one I had in the bedroom was outstanding as for cooling, but it was so loud that MY DW didn't want to use it very much.. BRANSON IS GREAT IN 2008
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Just in case you have forgotten, if you want to quiet the LR AC down, close the "quick cool," vent. The quick cool blows cold air straight down. push the slide on the vent and it then goes through the ceiling registers.

An air conditioner running at night is a lullaby for me. But of course, I don't sleep with the hearing aids in. But, before I needed hearing aids, it was still a lullaby. I need the noise to put me to sleep and also, it drowns out the outside noises. DW is the light sleeper, but she needs noise also.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We have a window unit in our stick house and I have a CPAP machine so noise is not an issue. We were looking at an Anniversary 2955 but the DW likes the one we bought last May so we went with the second A/C.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote