Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 AM   #1
Oregon Gypsys
Established Member

M.O.C. #2110
has anyone found a solution for slide-out leaks?

We bought our 3685FL in Sept of 2004. Oct 2004 we had to have service done for a hydraulic leak, which caused oil to spill over the front storage. Along with the rubber cord wearing through on the front slide, kitchen drawers not working and rear speakers not connected.

All of these were fixed in good time and we were off to the coast for the Holidays in our new Montana.(Going to the coast for the Holidays is a custom for us.) Before our Montana we used our motor home.

Our Holiday was stopped abruptly as we developed leaks in the front slides and the bedroom slide.

I was very dissappointed and was ready to return our rig for another one. The service department was very nice about our situation and assured us we would not have this problem again as they would quickly remedy the problem.

We returned to finish our Holiday but had to return to the service department due to more leaks that developed in the dinnete area. The front slides also continued to leak. However the bedroom seemed fine.

We have continued to encounter leaks in the front slides as well as the dinnete. This is our 3rd year to experience the same problems. We love the floor plan of our Montana and in good faith have remained loyal to Montana, however my nerves have grown thin and I am at loss as to what to do in this situation. At this point I feel compelled to seek advice from my readers. Please let me know if you can help me resolved this so I can experience a good Holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Oregon Gypsys

Oregon Gypsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We had bedroom slide leaks that we could not stop. Put on slide topper awnings and haven't had a leak since. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Slide topper may help divert the water but that is just a bandage. They should be able to find your leaks and get them stopped. i had same issue on my left upper slide up front, terrible leak got whole floor wet, had to place tarp over that side to slow it down. Turned out two things seal was about 4 inches too short nd the gutter going down the front side of slide had a tear in it allowing it to leak back into the coach. Not sure it's fixed since we have not camped in rain since they did the work, but they said they fixed it time will tell. We also had leak in dinette area again seal too short, I could see through it when slide was out, the added new seal kits to dinette slide, no issues with bedroom.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote