Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
tommyboy

M.O.C. #20214
3820FK MORryde LRE/4100

Good afternoon,
I have a question about the appearance of the big block of rubber where both springs attach directly behind the label that says Morryde, has anyone else ever noticed cracking in the rubber in this area? is this normal or do I have bad rubber. Its a late 2016 Montana with only a couple thousand miles on it. Also Ive noticed a lot of people talking about the trailerking tires which ofcourse is what I have. should I definitely get these replaced ASAP and with which tires would people with 5th wheels in the same weight class recommend ? I do have 110 psi wheels. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

tommyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Tommy,

Some cracks are normal - depends on how bad they are.

Go with G rated tires - Sailuns offer great value but there are others that will give you good service at a higher price point.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
tommyboy

M.O.C. #20214
Thank you
tommyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
I have your model trailer and replaced all 5 tires with Sailuns after our 1st road trip of 3K miles. I absolutely feel so much better knowing those Sailuns are on my rig and are monitored with a tire minder. The extra $1000 is well worth the piece of mind.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The has been a lot of previous discussion about the Mor-Ryde rubber blocks. Back in 2013, Dieselguy wrote an excellent post about them.

We all probably have some degree of cracking ... this is very similar to a motor mount. Here's the inspection info right off the Mor/ryde's website. As stated, delamination is another failure scenerio.

Rubber Shear Spring Inspection
The rubber springs (Fig. 3) should be periodically inspected for any tears or cracks. If a rubber spring exhibits a 3” long and ¾” deep crack or tear, the rubber spring should be replaced. This can be checked by using a flat tool such as a putty knife. The putty knife can be used to probe the rubber spring in the affected area. If the knife can be inserted ¾” deep, by at least 3” long, the spring rate of the spring is affected and should be replaced.
Note: It is normal to see rubber spring weather checking, which is small surface cracks in the rubber. Weather checking does not require a rubber spring to be replaced.
http://www.morryde.com/downloads/tec...s%20Manual.pdf

Source: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54077 Post #8

You should read all of the topic as there is good info scattered throughout. Try doing a Search on "mor rubber cracks" and you will get interesting posts and even pictures.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Here's a little newer link with photos for inspection purposes.
https://www.morryde.com/uploads/down...pection_v2.pdf
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote