Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #21
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
As with most chain or franchise operations, it all depends on the quality of the store management, and/or district or regional management. And can vary widely from one store to another with the same name. Same as why some KOAs are praised and others are slammed.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #22
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starmaster

I have to give kudos to the Camping World of Strafford, just outside of Springfield MO. We have purchased two 5ers from them; a SOB and our current Montana. They have been very good to work with addressing warranty items on both rigs. On the SOB I took it in for some warranty work and while they were working on it they also found a cracked weld in the frame that they repaired as well, all under warranty.

They currently are doing a warranty repair on a SOB toy hauler we also have (yes we're a two RV family), even though the unit was not bought from them and they don't handle that brand at their store.

They may be one of the few outstanding Camping Worlds, but they have been very good working with us on all issues.

Dave
Agree. Stratford CW has been the good one for me. The terrible experience was Lowell AR CW.
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Almost any business takes on the personality of the person in charge or the owner. If the person in charge treats customers the way they should be treated everybody there will. If you have a problem with the way you are treated there is no need to complain about how you are being treated that's the way the owner would treat you. There is no reason to go back until there is a under new management sign out front.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:20 AM   #24
rafael33155
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13290
Send a message via MSN to rafael33155
worth CW is FT MYERS FLORIDA took my monty to get get my hydraulic leveler fix and took them a month every time i called they said the part haven't arrived after 3 week i called lippert myself and they told me the parts i needed which was the controller could be ship the next day so so when i call CW and told the service manager why i could get the part from lippert the next day and they cant get it and it's been three weeks he told me that the part would be there in 2 days so when i went to pick up the monty he had charge me 200 dollar extra for over night delivery went up the chain of command and got it taken away what a sleazy ball never do business with them ever
rafael33155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #25
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
houghton lake, northern CW, has done okay with the exception of pricing. when we got a price for a new montana it was at least $10K more for a year older model. we ended up buying in southern michigan where the service wasn't the best but the price was GREAT.

life is nothing but bunch of trade offs.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #26
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
As I posted yesterday on another thread, the CW in Ocala, FL was great to us in April. We had a blow out that did some body damage. on our trip north. That CW had the tires we needed, and pointed out that the body damage left a wall/floor joint exposed to weather, and rain was in our immediate future. They got their body guys right on it and they fabricated a temp fix that was so good it got us back on course the same day, and we were able to enjoy our week as planned. Took it back to Lazy Days for the permanent fix and they took over a month.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:11 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not long ago Camping worlds were sort of stand alone we had a really good one in Medina ,Ohio. Then they shifted to being a part of a dealership and IMO that is when the service in general went down.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:13 AM   #28
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Camping world is CORPORATE. Even when yhe have sales, they are way over priced!
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM   #29
ronenz
Established Member

M.O.C. #18831
Grace and I bought our fiver this year from Oxford CW. I am confident that I got a very good price on the unit so for that I am grateful however I have no expectations that this facility will provide quality service in the service and warranty department. After the PDI and before it was to be delivered I inspected the unit to see if the PDI items had been addressed and none of them had however I was assured by the sales agent that they had been. They were minor issues dealing with a shade action and some paint issues that they had created when they installed my cap awnings. I look over my unit and find that they scratched the exterior paint while it was still in their possession and what chaps my behind is they would have delivered it and made it my issue. I had left my unit with them 27 days for them to do their thing but realized that this being their peak season they were more likely to cause problems for me then fix them so I will be bringing the unit back in Feb during their slow period to address the PDI paint and roller issues. I do know that I will video the unit on their lot prior to them taking possession of it since they seem to have a problem with damaging customers property in their care. I do not consider this to be an issue with KS or Montana, this issue belongs to CW of Oxford.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:30 PM   #30
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

Same for me!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

I go to the CW store only as a last resort and NEVER, EVER do I go to the RV sales or service departments.
X3

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote