Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
I talked to Hensley today on this issue. One of their suggestions was to see if the liner company would install the hitch. According to Hensley, many of these shops are experienced in doing hitches. If they do this they are in the best position to ensure a corrosion free installation as they can spray at the best point in the process.

I'm going to call them to check it out. Hensley rep indicated they would drop ship the hitch and mounting brackets directly to the Rhino dealer if I wanted to do it this way.

I still think I'll check torques afterwards and I would probably do this no matter who does the install anyway. Trust but verify, eh?

Also they are running a special at Hensley right now. Mine was $200 off MSRP. They were great to deal with. Very willing to do whatever it takes to make it all work.

Ordered the Ram 3500 on Saturday and can't get the off my face.

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #22
Stickdog

M.O.C. #8777
QUOTE from Stickdog: "Recently purchased a 2009 F350 CC DRW and am also looking to have a hitch installed and bed liner sprayed on. Linex dealer told me to have the hitch done first they would remove and replace it ensuring a long lasting rust proof job."

Quote:
quote:John, In the "for what it's worth" department, if I had my hitch removed by a paint shop (Linex or anyone else for that matter), I would recheck the install and double check the torque values, all before towing. Hopefully they are used to doing that type of thing, I would just want to be sure.........A lot of $$$$$$$$'s sitting back there. IMHO....

exav8tr, Don't worry, that was his advice if I had someone install the hitch. His price was a bit cheaper on the hitch install so will let him do the whole job. Guess since he would get both ends of the job he could do the hitch install for less. Plus I don't have to hike the truck around to different shops.
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote