Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
LevelEase

Has anyone installed LevelEase on their Montana and if so do you like it. It looks interesting to those of us with the old manual rocker switch with the extend/retract.
http://www.levelease.com/

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
This looks like an interesting system. Has anyone out there bought one? If so, how does it work? Are you happy with it? Would you recommend it? Looks like it could be a great time saving device.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We don't have the LevelEase but we do have side to side Leveling, the 2009 had Generation 1 the 2010 has the Generation 3. Back in to the site and unhook from the Truck and in less than 5 minutes your set down and level. We could have gotten the system with the Remote which opens the slides and controls all the Hydraulic Jacks. I have to many remotes now, but it can be added if we decide we want another remote. Lippert has the patent and can install the system on most other brands. I highly recomend the Level Up System, and I'm sure Lippert can install the System while at the Montana rally in Goshen. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Don't you still have to crank the rear stabilizers down? One of the things I had a problem with on our rig was having to get down on my hands and knees to raise the inner front stabilizer legs. I could never get them up easily without resorting to getting down on the ground.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pretty slick for under $300. If only it would also level side to side, I'd sure be interested.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Pretty slick for under $300. If only it would also level side to side, I'd sure be interested.
Steve, that will cost more money. I know there are many who will say that my levelers are too expensive, but boy are they slick. Truly one button push. One button to raise rig off truck and one button to completely level the rig, front to back and side to side. I'd never have another rig without my Bigfoot Levelers.

Orv
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
What a FRED.... F*** Ridiculous Expenditure of Dollars..
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Don't you still have to crank the rear stabilizers down? One of the things I had a problem with on our rig was having to get down on my hands and knees to raise the inner front stabilizer legs. I could never get them up easily without resorting to getting down on the ground.

Orv
Orv, I know you don't need it now that you have the Big Foot system, but the rear jacks work great with my cordless impact wrench!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Orv
Orv, I know you don't need it now that you have the Big Foot system, but the rear jacks work great with my cordless impact wrench!
I can still use the rear stabilizers and when I do, I use my cordless drill! My concern with the Level-Eze system was that you MUST lower the rear stabilizers in order to get the rig more stable. With the BigFoot system the rear stabilizers are not needed (unless you want to put them down). I'm trying to keep my work down to a minimum.

Orv
Old 08-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Orv, that Bigfoot system is exactly what I have been looking for and it seems to be priced right. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
FRED? I guess that depends totally on the situation. There will come a time when our physical condition reaches the point our options are to go to a Class A, quit rv'ing, or simplify the setup/breakdown of our beloved fifthwheel. There is no question what we'll do.

Orv, it's a whole lot more money, from what I've seen. More than I can justify currently but the situation in my prior paragraph may someday provide the justification. I'd like to see your setup in operation sometime.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #12
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

FRED? I guess that depends totally on the situation. There will come a time when our physical condition reaches the point our options are to go to a Class A, quit rv'ing, or simplify the setup/breakdown of our beloved fifthwheel. There is no question what we'll do.

Orv, it's a whole lot more money, from what I've seen. More than I can justify currently but the situation in my prior paragraph may someday provide the justification. I'd like to see your setup in operation sometime.
Someday our paths will cross. Yes, the system is expensive but for my purposes the money was worth it.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Orv,

Do you have a URL for the Bigfoot?

Thanks.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #14
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
[/quote]
Someday our paths will cross. Yes, the system is expensive but for my purposes the money was worth it.
[/quote]

Indeed! If it makes life easier and you like it, that's all that matters.

But I am jealous!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #15
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Orv,

Do you have a URL for the Bigfoot?

Thanks.
Check here.

Orv
Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 AM   #16
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
The MOC rally in Goshen is listed as one of their Showcase Events. they are located in MI but close to Goshen, IN.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote