Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
3000RK Microwave Cubby Hole

This is for all of the 3000RK Owners who have a unit built before July 2007.
My unit doesn't have that nice little cubby hole above the microwave. I asked the dealer if there was anything behind the piece of paneling before I took it out and he said no. I took the panel out yesterday. The sides and top have the same paneling but the back wall of the hole has no paneling. The piece I took out of the front is not wide enough to cover the wall. I now need to find more of the oak panel to put on the back wall. I am not worried about the cubby hole bottom(shelf bottom) because no one can see it but I have to find some more of that paneling for the back wall.

Has anyone found this in a store of will I have to order it from the dealer? I am also looking for the little decorative trim which goes on the front of the shelf.

I know I am not explaining this very well so I will try to take some pictures today when I get home then post.

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We have a 300rk and i know what you are talking about .. the ladder molding you can get at lowes or home depot.. the rear panel is so far back as you could get a 2' x 4' piece of fir or birch plywood and stain it to match and then use spray poly clear over the stain .. i don't think you need the ladder rail but it is avalble .. other wise try any bigger cabinet shop that sells prebuilt cabinets.. if all else fails i have 40' of it but its in wisconsin and i won't get there till july at best but its a good idea to open it up.. did you build the spice cabinet next to the freg yet and also if you want to split the cabinets into 3 openings to add 1 shelf that is easy as i have done that over the sink ,, also all the cabinets over the table and couch i added a center shelf , pm me and i can tell you how to do all of it john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Wow! John you are a busy man.
Wow! John you are a busy man.
I went to the dealer today and ordered the "ladder molding" from them. The finish is called "Honey Oak" for anyone with a 07 3000RK. I drew the line at the paneling though. They wanted $60 for the paneling(4x10), over $50 to crate the panel plus an undetermined amount for shipping. I told him to forget it. I was standing right there by his computer so I could see his price list. The paneling only cost the dealer $19.95 per sheet. These guys are making a killing off us.
I will find a piece of paneling and some stain at home depot for about $10 and call it good. I just hope it doesn't take 2 months to get the ladder molding I just shelled out $60.00 for at the dealer today.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
That was about 30.00 a foot you just bought 4 cases of beer you will never drink plus shipping . that was way tooooooooooooooooooo much john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
John. Buddy. Your killing me. I can handle seeing how much it cost on paper...but when you put it in beer amounts I get queezy. Thats a weekend er weeks worth of beer.