Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
SO PROUDLY IT WAVES..(our Flag)

I travel a short distance from our stick home to the edge of Topeka several time's a week.
I pass several business and residence's and I can truely say. I HAVE FOUND THE """CUT AND RUN CROWD""" take a look at my few pictures and I think you will understand.

I sent these picture's of two different locations to the local TV station in Topeka. I am wondering if someone will be brave enough to pickup the gauntlet!!!!!!!!!! It would be a good time as 9/11 is coming up again... MAKE'S ME SAD.. can't say no more than that!!!
Later John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I'm sure these folks had all good intentions when they first put these flags up but for some reason those good intentions fell by the wayside. Besides the media and to avoid any confrontation I would suggest getting their addresses and sending them these pictures and explain just exactly how Old Glory should be treated and displayed.
Hopefully the 2-TV stations will follow up and get something done.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
How to say this and be 'correct': It is a dang shame that Osama can come out with a 'fresh clean look' for 9/11 and our own countrymen let something like that fly. If they didn't have trespass or 'theft' laws I'd be inclined to lower those myself -- maybe a 'midnight' stroll is in order.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Could you let us know the names of the businesses? If any, I saw residences mentioned.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
One of my pet flag peeves is the well intended people who hang the flag vertically with the stars in the wrong corner.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I probably won't get a call from the TV station, They really don't like stiring things up. I am going to try and retreive the flags this coming week. I don't know how well this old man can do COVERT anymore, I look really bad with grease paint and a black stocking hat.
But, I am going to walk up to the door and Knock, we will see what happens. This reminds me of the crusade that OZZ went on in Padre Island. I will keep you posted..
Old 09-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, there's three tv stations in Topeka. Any reason you didn't call the third one? They might be the ones to act. How about the Capitol Journal?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Iam working on it Steve, Hey let us know when you hit KC. will you
Old 09-09-2007, 05:15 AM   #9
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Great post John. It breaks my heart to see things like this. I fear that "love of country" is waning here and it will take a concentrated effort from our generation to restore it. Personally, it is a mission I look forward to. This is still the greatest land there is and sometimes people just need to be reminded. As an example, a co-worker and I brought to the attention of the "company man" the poor condition of Old Glory flying at our refinery control room and asked if he would mind if we replaced her. The next day there was a new flag waving and a word of thanks from the "Company man" who is also a veteran.
Sorry for the long winded post John but this issue really touches me. My thanks go out to you and Ozz and all the other that still care enough to do something
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Call The Assignment Editor at NBC Affiliate KSNT-TV. 785-582-3234
Here is a hint. Tell them one of the other stations is planning to come out and do an interview the day you call them. They will have someone Johnny on the spot.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
A business has no excuse to fly a flag like this!....

The residence, may have a reason. It could be someone who is not able to get to the flag to replace for a new one. Can not afford a new one.

I would like to suggest that since you have mentioned that you might knock on the residence door....maybe you could have a new flag in your car ready to offer, or even be willing to offer them to help bring down the torn flag, and replace with another flag.

Both flags look like they are displayed on poles that are high. so the residence one may be in that condition because something prevents them to change it. Like age or medical reason.

Hopefully it is not someone that is flying this flag until a service family member comes home.

For the business flag....I would call and get attention for it. Or like already suggested mail a pic to the company, with a written request.

As for the flag being displayed with the stars in the wrong position...That too is my pet peeve. But I got to say, people just don't know the do's and do not of flag display. (Most don't know that a flag can not be displayed at night unless if there is a light on it.)

I work with young children....and a teacher in the classroom next door to me had her flag displayed with the stars on the wrong side. I politely let her know....the flag is now hung correctly.

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote