Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Are all MH drivers arrogant or is it just me???

In the past I have noticed that when ever I pull up to the RV pumps at a Flying J there always seems to be a Motor Home (usually a class A) sitting at the pumps. The last 2 times we pulled minto into a FJ and there was a MH at the RV pumps.
The first time I saw the driver go into the store. I assumed to pay for his fuel. After some 10 minutes he finally returned and he had 2 shopping bags in hand. He must have had to put it all away in the MH as it took nearly 10 more minutes to finally pull away from the pump.
The second time we pulled in behind an MH the nozzle was in the fuel neck of the MH. The driver was no where to be found. After waiting I got out of my TV and started talking to the TT driver at the next pump. He indicated the MH driver was inside his MH. You could actually see him and his wife sitting in there eating. The TT driver said he was in there since he pulled up to the pump. I approached him and was told he was fueling up and would be out when the pump had stopped. Trouble was the TT driver said the pumped had stopped awhile ago. The MH driver did finally come out all kinds of apologetic but still took another 5 minutes topping off the tank and than took his good old time pulling away.
Just yesterday we pulled into a campground in Washington. Once we were given our site number I proceeded around to my site. as I came down the driveway I noticed a car sitting in the middle of the drive. The car was an unhooked toad and the driver had pulled his class A into the site immediately to my right. I was totally blocked from pulling into my site. Lorraine asked the MH driver to move his toad and his response was "in a minute". The "A" hole was hooking up his sewer, water and electric while his toad still set in the middle of the driveway. Just as I started to get out of the TV he jumped in the toad and pulled in behind his MH. I was not a happy camper but Lorraine told me to just leave it alone as no matter what I said he will never change his ways.

Now I do realize that the MH drivers don't have this arrogant attitude all to themselves as I have witnessed some 5er and TT drivers do the same type thing but on average I say the MH drivers got nearly 70% of this type arrogance.
I guess when you put out that kind of bucks for an overpriced bus it just gives you certain rights we trailer people haven't earned.

OK I got that one off my chest. At least until I pull into another FJ.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We've had the same thing happen with all kinds of drivers. Whether they drive a car, truck or MH. All MH drivers are not that way. There are all kinds of "rude" drivers out there.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Glenn your quote "The "A" hole was hooking up his sewer" sums it up..... there are many "A" holes out there in all categories. After handling many of these people in my professional life, I find myself having little or no patience for those that are self-absorbed and insensitive of others around them. I get told that I create embarrassing situations because I point out to them their lack of consideration to others. It makes me feel better - I’m of the age and mind set that I don’t need to have this type aggravation. I try to live by the “Golden Rule” and I expect others to do so too.

THANKS – now I’ll be thinking about this all day!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Glenn, just yesterday at the Flying J 123 mile marker in Indiana, yep, you guessed it! Another class "A" driver at the pumos. The best thing was he had 2 other class a's behind him and at my pump was tt's and 5ers. We all got our diesel and I was leaving the pump when he finally finished his routine! He kept the other mhs waiting instead of us.
Patti keeps reminding me that any kind of talk will usually make him slower.
By the way, we are now at home and I have 80% of the Oregon dirt washed off, still have one side to go. Hope you guys are enjoying the trip out there!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:27 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

Glenn, just yesterday at the Flying J 123 mile marker in Indiana, yep, you guessed it! Another class "A" driver at the pumos. The best thing was he had 2 other class a's behind him and at my pump was tt's and 5ers. We all got our diesel and I was leaving the pump when he finally finished his routine! He kept the other mhs waiting instead of us.
Patti keeps reminding me that any kind of talk will usually make him slower.
By the way, we are now at home and I have 80% of the Oregon dirt washed off, still have one side to go. Hope you guys are enjoying the trip out there!
Glad to hear you made it home. It was a DA%% shame you had to cut your trip so short. Lorraine and I enjoyed our time together and honestly hated to see you two pull out. We are both have Patti's Mom in our thoughts and prayers.
After a trip up the Pacific coast into Washington, Lorraine and I, have made it back into Idaho. We will be in Osburn ID for another night and tommorrow we head up to Glacier NP in Montana. After Glacier, I think, we will head down to Yaallowstone (or is it Yellowstone. Gotta ask Patti) and than, taking your advice, head for South Dakota and the Badlands.
See ya's in Goshen.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 AM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Glenn, I see that a lot and that is why I go to the truck pumps most of the time. With my aux fuel tank the truck pumps will fill it faster.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #7
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Arrogance is a good description but I prefer Oblivian. Those who are oblivious to the world around them and they are everywhere.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We have seen the same thing at the RV diesel pumps at any of the major truck stops. We handle it by either going to the car pump or the truck pump. Have had attendants wonder why we use the truck pump instead of the RV pump and I point out the MH that has been sitting at that particular pump for 45 minutes. It does take a bitof maneuvering to get pulled away from the car pumps, but with the pullrite we haven't had any problem.

I have realized that most of these people are the same ones that when driving their toad, do exactly the same thing at the car pumps. To me there is nothing more aggravating than having to sit and wait for someone pump their fuel then wonder inside and take 30-45 minutes to do what ever they do inside. Get your gas then move away from the pump. Makes it so much easier for all of us.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #9
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
I HATE Flying J. Did the MH have a FMCA plate on it. I found that this is a good way to locate the Aholes.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigmurf

I HATE Flying J. Did the MH have a FMCA plate on it. I found that this is a good way to locate the.
DON'T THEY ALL?????
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
What about the trucks/cars hooking up to trailers or 5th wheels in a campground and they block the road. Happens all the time.
Or is it "pick on MH drivers day?"
Old 08-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #12
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well, hecky darn, I am wondering when you guys are going to clarify how you feel.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
LOL...just let it all out...it's good for you, eh Stiles?
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #15
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
You know, all types of people seem to be in all types of conveyances. I have met people who drive MH's that are rude and insensitive and have met more who are quiet, considerate and social.

I have met some people who pull 5ers who block the campground road for 30 or so minutes while they are finishing up putting away their sewer hoses, etc. I admit that I block the road sometimes, but only for a few minutes - after the Monty is all put together.

And, I have met some, like in our present campground, who invited us over for cake and ice cream, because they are sited next door.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that all types can be all things.

Just my two cents.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Statistically, it just seems that I seldom see MH people sitting out and socializing. More likely to see TT and 5ers outside conversing with one another. It could be the campgrounds or the "We Hate MH's" bumpersticker. Not sure.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #17
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
At our RV Park, we are right across the street from the Marathon and Monaco Coach Corporation's. Most of us know they are the most expensive coaches on the planet. I am constantly surrounded by all of them waiting to get service. For the most part they are very well maintained and social. Yes we all have had a bad experience with a MH owner,5'er, TT, pop up, tent and so on, but what do you think they are saying about us when we make stupid decisions? I know we all have done it at one point or another. I can only hope that if we can be nice to someone else, maybe they will pay it forward to someone else and so forth. I'm sure we all have heard the "Kill them with kindness" That is what my Grandparents and Parents always said. Please don't let this forum become "dash for the bash forum" like RV.net. Just my $.02 worth.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #18
ashlandcpa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6686
Did it occur to anyone that there are many members on this forum that have family and friends that are FMCA members all over this country.
ashlandcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #19
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Quote:
quoteid it occur to anyone that there are many members on this forum that have family and friends that are FMCA members all over this country.
Ditto

Wonder what they say about us?
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #20
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When we were in PA the campground we were at had two Montana's across the road, a cardinal next to us and a motor home on the other side. The Montana people barely nodded. The Cardinal owner spoke several times, but ----- the people in the motor home brought us home baked --still warm --- bread. They were a nice italian couple and she loves to cook. .
There was a member of the forum in another part of the park and he stopped several times to talk. So, it's not what you camp in -- it's you as a person. Rude, friendly, funny whatever, MH, 5th wheel, doesn't matter.
There are jerks everywhere.