Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
Aluminum Wheels

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THEIR ALUM WHEELS CORRODING UNDER THE CLEARCOAT?? We just bought our 05 2955 in September and the wheels are beginning to corrode under the clear coat. The dealer has contacted the company to see about replacement. They wanted and the dealer sent pictures. So now we are waiting on what they are going to do. Other than the wheels and furnace it served us well all winter in Florida.

Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have not had any trouble with my alum. wheels. I just had all four tires balanced and asked the shop to check tires/wheels over for any problems. They said all looked perfect, good even tread wear and the wheels balanced out perfectly. Will have to keep an eye on this post to see how it all flows out for you Snowbird. I am curious, do you cover your wheels when stopped at the campground? I keep covers on when the coach is not being used unless I am only stopped for a day or two.. Good luck getting them replaced.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:48 AM   #3
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
Snowbird - Yes mine are doing the same thing as yours. Maybe its because of all the salt air the past two trips for a month each to South Texas Gulf area.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
No trouble with ours but we live in a relatively dry area of the country. We generally cover our wheels when at home. We do not fulltime so do not cover them when out and about. We probably should cover them more than we do.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
Just got word from our dealer that the company is going to replace all four wheels and they are on the way. How about that for good service. Just can't beat doing business with Keystone!!!!!!!!!!! They really do try to make it right.
Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Only problem I had with an aluminum wheel was a tiny crack near the valve stem hole. Couldn't get it repaired. No one would take the responsibility for the repair (in case I had a problem). So I threw it away and bought a new one at a cost of about $100.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote