Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #21
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dave, if you have DVR svc, why the need for West Coast? on HD? Dennis

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #22
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dennis, there are evenings that there are 3 of our favorites are playing at the same time, we can record two at a time with the DVR. So we set to record the third on the west coast feed 2 hours later and watch that one at a later time. Since they are all digital feeds the picture is always good. So having both east and west coast on none HD, and east coast on HD we can record all our favorites every night... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #23
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dave, you are on top of it! Tks for the reply and I agree about certain evenings with good shows and DVR limiations. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #24
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I have a Dishnet HD DVR w/Distant Networks. I can record two channels at the same time. I can also hook up the batwing antenna to the DVR and watch and/or record a third channel, all at the same time.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #25
danlinserv
Established Member

M.O.C. #7897
This is what I did this year. I took two receivers from the stick home with me to the RGV this year. Got here, called DTV and said I wanted to split the account between a summer and winter home. They kept the two receivers I brought with me active, deactivated the 3 I left at home and activated the local tv station package here in the RGV. Everything works fine, my bill is less than before and I am happy. When I get back home I just tell them to activate all the receivers again. Talk to them on the phone and they were very helpfull.
danlinserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
Farmhawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9080
Regard the legality of taking your stick house receiver with you. This is strait from the DirecTV web site FAQ's

"Can I take a receiver from my home and put it in my RV?

Yes. You can move a receiver between your home and RV as needed. You can also mirror a receiver to your home account by paying a $4.99/month mirroring fee. Call Customer Care to do this.

Directv > RVs"
Farmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #27
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We have direct TV in our motor home and pryer Montanas. I tried too to get the east and west feeds without no avail. We had designated one receiver for the RV. They have changed some of their rules. When in Florida, we get the Orlando channels. When were home, we just call and they are changed to the DC channels as we live south of Washington DC. All they asked was where I was by the zip code and they opened the local channels that was nearest to us. Now I get the local channels in HD just like home. Since we normally stay within a 200 mile radius of Orlando, I haven't had to call them to change the location. I found this out from a neighbor who had Direct TV.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote