Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Towel Bar Installation

Some time ago, I saw photos of lightweight wooden towel bars (Wal-Mart specials) that a member had installed on the back of his bathroom door. Well, I bought the same towel bars and want to install them on our bathroom door, but I can't remember if the screws that came with the bars were used or if the member recommended using some other type of screw. Suggestions? Thanks!

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
I used the screws that came with the bar. I had to cut off about 1/8" of bar for it to fit. No problems with the towel bar yet and its still tight.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Those pictures were of ours. It's the one with green towels on page 2 of the "Sho-N-Tell" pics in the Photo Album on the MOC homepage.
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...towelrack2.jpg
I tried the provided screws, but they weren't enough. Then I tried hollow wall fasteners but that wasn't too good either. What I wound up doing (someone may have a better idea, but ours have been up 4 years now) was to use a good double back tape under each base and then screw in the provided screws. I used tape larger than the "footprint" and then trimmed the excess with a razor knife. One thing I'd do differently - I'd glue and/or nail the round bars in place so they won't turn. If we leave towels on during transit, they will roll off everytime.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote